glass bed a ruger predator?

I have not, but I just bought a Ruger Predator in .223, and I would be interested to hear how this turns out. Keep us in the loop what you find out.

Ruger American Predator, or Ruger M77 Hawkeye or MkII Predator?

I have not done an American rifle yet, but I've done a lot of M77MkII's and a couple Hawkeyes.

I have Predator in 22-225. I noticed that the barrel would touch on one side sometimes. I took the stock off and shaved that side and on the pillars I notice some plastic residue. I cleaned both pillars up. I thought maybe this was making it touch on one side. These actions did give me total clearance between stock and barrel. It also tightened up my groups. I didn't like the slick stock either so I rubberized the forehand on the stock to give a better grip. This helped. Rudy

Originally Posted By: sdprairieghostHas anyone ever bedded the pillars in the ruger predator?

Apparently I will be doing so fairly soon. Just ordered this
during the weekend:
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ProductDet...sa-dbm-fbc-fc-f

Notice what it says Attention Customers
towards the bottom. Prior to reading that, I wondered why it
was $20 more than that stock costs for other models. Going to
be very interesting to see how the trigger guard is set up!

Yeah I'm inquiring about the American predator. Have one in 22-250 also. I also "sanded" down one side along barrel and stock to keep it truly free floated.
Rudy how is your magazine working, my would not feed smoothly. Sometimes jam up and cause double feed. Sent it back and waiting to see if they send one that works right.

Reply to sdprairieghost- I contacted Ruger and told them the problem I was having. The 3rd round would jam. They sent me a new one and said that if it still jammed I would have to send the gun back to Ruger. With the new clip if I feed the round fast it works fine. I can't feed the clip slow it will still jam! The concept on the clip is good but the operation sucks. I feel Ruger should of just designed a magazine feed or a regular clip. The rifle shoots very good though. Rudy

Back