dual sights?

bobeano

Any one use a duel sight set up on there ar?
i am carrying a rifle for distance and shotgun for close
Was thinking of mounting a red dot/halo type sight on top of scope an use it for close.
Any ideas?
or pics of your set up

Over-rated in my experience. I had a red dot riding on top of my scope for a while, then on a 45deg mount hanging beside the scope. Tried that for hunting and in 3 gun, just doesn't pan out for me.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I'd rather have an illuminated 1X (on the low end) variable scope.

What he said!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I'd rather have an illuminated 1X (on the low end) variable scope.

Me too!! But the one Leupold makes is a little out of my price range. I agree that an illuminated 1-9x40 would be a pretty [beeep] good scope for a calling AR. Until then, the reflex sight hasn't caused me any problems.

Sure thing. Here is an article of one of my rigs along with some video. In the article (and video) I compare 3 dual optic options.

I like/use the Warne RAMP mount the best. If you already have a scope mount they make a little add on angled dovetail that works great too. It's called the A645 adapter.

Sendit

I guess I would point out - although I don't like the dual sight set up at all, I did find that the 45degree offset was much more functional than the scope riding type. I could get a lot better cheekweld with the rifle twisted a bit and shoot much more comfortably than I could when I raised my head up off of the stock to look over the scope.

Originally Posted By: Varminterror-I could get a lot better cheekweld with the rifle twisted a bit and shoot much more comfortably than I could when I raised my head up off of the stock to look over the scope.

...and that's the point of the article and the design of the RAMP.

3 gunners use this set up all the time. With a little practice it is very, very fast.

Sendit

Back