.223 bolt action suppressor

TastierOak

Hi guys I'm looking for a good suppressor for a .223 BOLT ACTION. I am NOT talking about the 5.56 assault rifle.

My coyote rifle is a weatherby vanguard .223 and I want to run a silencer on it. Problem is, I can't find any suppressors for a bolt action .223.

If anybody has one or knows where I can get one, please tell me!!! I want one that reduces a good bit of sound but I am on a budget. Thanks

Silencershop.....or ask skinney on here he is a dealer with a great knowledge of the products and won't steer you wrong. Bit as far as I know there is no different in a bolt can and a sa can. Any 223 can should do it. Or just go with a 30 caliber can.

Originally Posted By: reaper4 as far as I know there is no different in a bolt can and a sa can. Any 223 can should do it.

I use the same can for my AR-15 that I use for my bolt guns. All my barrels are now threaded for my suppressor. I did ask before I bought the one I have (HTG Aris) if it would work for both and for sure it does just fine.

Used it just yesterday on my .220 Swift to thin our whistlepig herd somewhat and in a couple of hours will be going back out once again. As I have said many times it sure is nice be sitting out in the field enjoying warm weather and a cup of coffee with NO plugs or muffs to concern with. Sure a spoiler.

As far as a suppressor is concerned a bullet is a bullet. It doesn't care what action it's fired from.

FWIW, I don't believe "works well" and "budget friendly" live in the same town as Mr. Suppressor.

Originally Posted By: NdIndy

FWIW, I don't believe "works well" and "budget friendly" live in the same town as Mr. Suppressor.

False. With a small amount of looking around you can find awesome suppressors for very affordable prices.

Originally Posted By: TastierOakHi guys I'm looking for a good suppressor for a .223 BOLT ACTION. I am NOT talking about the 5.56 assault rifle.
My coyote rifle is a weatherby vanguard .223 and I want to run a silencer on it. Problem is, I can't find any suppressors for a bolt action .223.
If anybody has one or knows where I can get one, please tell me!!! I want one that reduces a good bit of sound but I am on a budget. Thanks
Contact TBAC and they will get you one or shop other places for the best prices.
Its don't matter what gun the can is on as cans are not 'GUN' specific.
I run a TBAC 30 caliber can on all my .223s. All my guns are threaded 5/8"x24" from .223 to 30-06.
What threads do you want on it also?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWill a 30 cal suppressor work as well on a 223 as a dedicated 22 caliber suppressor?

The people that built my HSI suppressor asked me when I was ordering it what was the largest caliber that I might put the can on. They told me that in order to make the can as quiet a possible that I needed to make the hole on the end of it as small as possible. OK, makes sense to me. As I had one at the time I told them .243 would be the largest diameter bullet that I would be using and they made the exit hole just a bit larger (perhaps .25 cal?) than that. I don't have any varminters that shoot bigger than a .224 diameter bullet so that works fine for me.

I can see how a one with a bigger hole in the end of it might be a bit louder than one with a smaller hole but how much so I could not tell you. I can say that my suppressor does a great job keeping my guns at a level where no hearing protection of any kind is needed.

Look at a SilencerCo Saker in 7.62. Buy the direct thread mount in whatever thread pitch you want and thread it on as you see fit. Then, if you ever want a quick detach set up for it, you can add it. Great suppression in the 7.62 model, as you can add a 556 end cap.... Good luck

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWill a 30 cal suppressor work as well on a 223 as a dedicated 22 caliber suppressor?

It depends. Usually 30 cal cans are larger in volume to handle the larger cals. This makes them quieter, which usually is about offset by the larger hole.

If you were only going to buy one silencer a 30 cal can gives you some flexibility as to what you can put it on now and down the road.

TBAC makes great silencers and were/are designed by precision shooters, i.e., you bolt guys. You have a ton of options....TBAC, SRT, Silencerco to name just a few.

Sendit

Check out Suppressed Armament Systems (SAS). Incredible cans, super accurate amd have the TOMB system so it can be used on any AR or bolt gun no matter what the thread pattern is. 30 cal cans allow you to run it on a 300WM for hunting on down to all your ARs in any flavor you like and makes it very versatile for a guy only needing one suppressor. Performance loss using a 30cal can on a 22cal is very minimal and in some cases a meter is needed to tell..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sendit223Originally Posted By: pyscodogWill a 30 cal suppressor work as well on a 223 as a dedicated 22 caliber suppressor?

It depends. Usually 30 cal cans are larger in volume to handle the larger cals. This makes them quieter, which usually is about offset by the larger hole.

If you were only going to buy one silencer a 30 cal can gives you some flexibility as to what you can put it on now and down the road.

TBAC makes great silencers and were/are designed by precision shooters, i.e., you bolt guys. You have a ton of options....TBAC, SRT, Silencerco to name just a few.

Sendit

+1

I have used all Three of those on bolts guns and AR's

Long Long time ago when I bought my first can I bought a 30 cal can in 5/8 x 24 and a precision adapter to 1/2 x 28 and shot it on all my weapons for a year. Loved it so much I bought a 223 and a 22LR can and have been buying cans like candy every year ever since.

I still have several 22-250s and 223s threaded 5/8 x 24 and shoot them with a 30 cal can.
smile.gif

Back