Upgrade from 416B to? * bought the Fury*

roundcall

I have a Foxpro 416B that works great but I would like to have others sounds and unable to add sounds to this caller since I haven't had any luck finding a PG-1A adapter. So I have been thinking about maybe buing another Foxpro.

How much of a upgrade is the Wildfire II over the 416B other than being able to add sounds, like loudness or sound quality? I really don't want to spend over $250 on another caller so I know that buying used will be a option too. What would be the best Foxpro over what I have now for $250?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: roundcall What would be the best Foxpro over what I have now for $250?

come up wth $25 more and buy a refurbished fury from cabelas. be the best way to go.

Yep a Fury is your best bet for $250-$300,you just have to do some searching.Dont get discouraged by the $400-$500 prices you'll see,those ones aren't selling.

Well Cabela's had both the Fury and Fury II refurbished last week but I waited too long to pull the trigger and they were sold out of the Fury II when I went to make my purchase today, so I ended up buying the Fury. I guess it can be sent in to Foxpro for upgrades to bring it up to the Fury II level? Thanks for all the advice.

It does have to be programmed to have the f0xbanG feature but you can use a pre-set button. You will have to push the pre-set button after you shoot. If you send it back to have f0xbAng installed it will come on automatically after you shoot.

Originally Posted By: roundcallOkay, my understanding was that it had to be reprogrammed to use foxbang on the Fury.

So if I can just preset a sound for after a shot I can just press that preset number and my sound of choice will start playing? If this is the case it probably wouldn't be worth the money it's going to cost for shipping and the upgrade. I have read quite a bit that the foxbang can be too sensitive at times anyway.

Yes, that's just the way I did it when I had a FurY and it worked for me.

Originally Posted By: roundcallSo if I can just preset a sound for after a shot I can just press that preset number and my sound of choice will start playing? If this is the case it probably wouldn't be worth the money it's going to cost for shipping and the upgrade. I have read quite a bit that the foxbang can be too sensitive at times anyway.

Back