Lover Boy meets 204

Pa. Mick

Lover Boy : 40.88 lb. male/3-21-15 (6:30am)
My first set of the night fired up the resident coyotes with the first howl. Wind wasn't real good but they crossed in front of me running into the wind. Everything was fine until they turned around and went back downwind, not showing themselves from the wood line at all.

The next three sets were all quiet. Caught myself dozing off a couple times with the nice change of weather i was enjoying. I had to push myself to do my fifth and final set for the morning as my butt was dragging. The cut corn field / hayfield was loaded with deer. Bumped 8 or 10 as i slowly walked in. They weren't leaving willingly either. Several circled to my downwind to watch the show and keep eating.

The herd quickly disappeared when the howling started. Started with female yodeling then long howls and whimpers. Added in the pair sounding off. You get the picture, i was waking up the whole neighborhood. All the dogs in the area were now awake ! The breeze was pretty stiff so i was almost 100 yards from the Fury. At the 12 minute mark here comes right to the call. I was having trouble positively I.D.ing him. Couldn't decide deer or coyote. After hesitating on three or four stops he spun around at the call and i saw the tail swing. At the same time i had just fired up howling again and he's within feet of the call.

As he started to run i was desperately lip squeaking trying to stop him again ! He did ! I send it from the 204. The 40 grain v-max flattens him instantly. It was the kiss of death for lover boy. It was 6:30am. Continued to call until daylight with no more willing to show. As i walked up to him at 180 paces, he just reeked of urine. He went heavy on the cologne this morning, was sure he had a hot date.

It was great to be out SNOW FREE ! What a beautiful morning even with it starting to rain.

CEBF544A-0458-476F-89C4-ED283A36E62E-23767-00004B86BC424162_zpscbc1dae7.jpg

Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 AO
Hog Hunter Scope
V-Brite (MOA) Reticle | 30mm Tube
Duplex crosshairs / adjustable red dot

$300 Full UNCONDITIONAL LIFETIME WARRANTY

Back