Sweet, new AR poly lowers $100

dirtydave

I just ordered 2 new AR poly lowers form USARMSLLC.COM. I have had about 7 different poly lowers and have really liked them for coyote hunting and for blasters. Their new lower looks like a billet lower with the over-sized trigger guard. All of the poly lowers I have owned have had nice triggers unlike some of the other builds I have done. They are super light too. I have a pencil thin barrel "20" long with a custom .62" gas block on it in a 223ai waiting for a lower. I will post pictures when I get the lower of the the complete rifle with the complete setup. I will also include the weight too.
Dave
ef8bb7f96bf1c034b47e716cf3ee5d8f.jpg

sounds like this company was part of the original plum crazy poly lowers. i have and still use a plum crazy lower with one of my uppers. never have problems with it. might have to buy one of these.

All the parts are interchangeable. Where can you buy a lower for $40? What about the parts kit and stock assembly? These are light weight with better than average triggers.

I've got a Plum Crazy Firearms poly lower 'kit' from back in the day. It still works fine and these US Arms ones are supposed to be improved...

I haven't had it over in the 'Stan where my life depended on it but for shooting coyotes, coons, or prairie dogs I can't complain!

I changed out the trigger to a Timney and the butt stock to a Magpul ACS, because I had money left over from not buying a more expensive lower!

It is not my only AR and is not currently attached to the upper I shoot most often, but if it were my only choice, I wouldn't cast it aside because it wasn't 'MIL-SPEC'.

Originally Posted By: limon32

You're comparing a complete polymer to a stripped aluminum?

You're right. I'm fairly certain that's what Steve was referring to as I don't think I've ever seen a complete forged aluminum lower for less than $200.

Also, I'm not defending one or the other... just helping answer questions and giving my experience with polys.

PSA had complete blemished lowers for $140 the non blemished were 150 ish. If you buy a stripped alum lower you can put it together for around $150 ish with mill spec parts.

I will take an aluminum over the poly. I had one of the Plum Crazy and wasnt impressed with it. It might cost a little more for a complete aluminum but I can build it the way I want it. My last couple have been the PSA lower and after buying parts I was about $140 without trigger. I put quality triggers in them which drove up the price from there.

I think they've gone up about $10 but a few weeks ago CDNN had complete Bushmaster lower KITS (w/adj. stock) for $159.

Regards,
hm

New Frontier still has their LW-15 complete lowers for $109.99. With a $335 COMPLETE upper from SOTAARMS.com, free shipping over $300 - Linky-poo, $445 for a complete AR makes sense right now. Transfer, NICS, or shipping maybe you're at $500. Probably already have a few AR mags lying around....

I like the polymer if you're looking to save weight. My 6x68 coyote rig has a New Frontier complete lower with a Bill Springfield trigger. My .22x68 on the other hand has a billet lower and a heavy side charging upper with a 24" barrel.

Heretic, I am new to this AR business being a bolt gun man myself. But are you telling me I could get a complete AR for $445 with this upper and lower? And is it any good?

Originally Posted By: ZHeretic, I am new to this AR business being a bolt gun man myself. But are you telling me I could get a complete AR for $445 with this upper and lower? And is it any good?

Yes! I have a New Frontier LW-15 (poly) with a non-poly LPK. I've had it for over 2 years and have taken it hunting in all kinds of weather (really cold and ungodly hot) and have never had an issue. It works as advertised. I don't have an upper from SOTA Arms but I haven't heard anything negative about them. The uppers aren't advertised as blems, etc. so I'm guessing they are worth the gamble. SOTA also has 1 in 7" twist uppers farther down the page.

If you're $450 into the rifle, that leaves a ton of money for glass, mags, ammo, bipod, accessories, etc...even of you just go with flip up sights and one mag, $550 for complete AR isn't bad.

Also check out copes distributing. Anderson parts for decent prices. $49 lowers.

Back