NIGHT VISION,NOT JUST FOR HOGS AND YOTES

BAYSTATE YOTE

Hey Guys
After hunting on snow shoes for a month and a half,I needed a break from Wiley,I fitted the PVS-14 on my Mrod pistol and went night rat shooting at the dairy farms,what a blast,and it great training you have to be fast on the shot but light on the trigger.. Also dont leave the FLIR home,on insta alert it is killer for spotting rats....check out the pics.

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

I actually dined on some smoked rat and ate rat soup in Guangzhou, China where it is a delicacy. Rat skin oil has a particular odor to it and its smell is recognizable anywhere.

The rats there though run around in the rice fields eating all the rice, so nice and plump and well fed!
wink.gif

Well, never say never - but I would have to be in dire need before partaking. LOL.

As to the NV shooting Baystate, that looks like a barrel of fun.

Yes Yellowhammer, but a squirrel, though a rodent, in the eyes of most people, is much different and not as nasty as a rat. As far as I'm concerned, there is no debate.

Go ahead and enjoy your rat meal. I'll stick to squirrel gravy.

As far as I am concerned, a dead rat is a good rat, whether eaten or not! They do carry an awful lot of bad news diseases too.

When in China, never ask what you are are being served unless you want to starve....

Originally Posted By: SkyPup
When in China, never ask what you are are being served unless you want to starve....

I have never been to China, but I have been to several countries where this rule holds true.

If I enjoyed the eats I have asked occasionally asked what it was. I have been very surprised a couple of times.

But it has never been rat. I can't imagine that rat wouldn't make a decent Brunswick stew.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupAs far as I am concerned, a dead rat is a good rat, whether eaten or not! They do carry an awful lot of bad news diseases too.

Yellowhammer is a tough Texan. Bad diseases don't faze him in the least.
He can eat things that would make a billy goat puke, kind of like Rambo.

JPK, remind me to never eat any of your Brunswick Stew. LOL.

Back