first time at 1000

SteveB22250

I put this ar together a few weeks ago its a .264 LBC black hole barrel.Nothing real special for upper or lower in fact its an 80 percenter I milled out a year ago. This was the first time taking her out past 600. My friend and myself started out at 400 and hitting right on, moved out to 700 and made some adjustments and began hitting every shot. Moved out to 1018 at took a few to get on steel but after I hit the first one I fired four more all conecting. Here's a pic of 5 shot group with one high and right of the rest I'm satisfied. [img:center]http://[/img]

Last edited:
Good shooting and I would really appreciate more info. I am building two .264s with BHW barrels. The first is a 20in for my stepson to hunt with. What load were you shooting? I have a 4 different loads done for ladder tests when we finish building his. What length barrel and gas system? What gas block and Brake are you using? Thanks for any info.

Originally Posted By: MNHNTRGood shooting and I would really appreciate more info. I am building two .264s with BHW barrels. The first is a 20in for my stepson to hunt with. What load were you shooting? I have a 4 different loads done for ladder tests when we finish building his. What length barrel and gas system? What gas block and Brake are you using? Thanks for any info.
The barrel is 22" BHW with a vortex flash hider, Rifle length gas system and just a standard low pro gas block, Im shooting Lapua brass win primers 28.2 grains of 8208x with a 123 A max, I have not checked velocity of this load so im not sure what its doing for speed.

Originally Posted By: SteveB22250
Originally Posted By: MNHNTRGood shooting and I would really appreciate more info. I am building two .264s with BHW barrels. The first is a 20in for my stepson to hunt with. What load were you shooting? I have a 4 different loads done for ladder tests when we finish building his. What length barrel and gas system? What gas block and Brake are you using? Thanks for any info.
The barrel is 22" BHW with a vortex flash hider, Rifle length gas system and just a standard low pro gas block, Im shooting Lapua brass win primers 28.2 grains of 8208x with a 123 A max, I have not checked velocity of this load so im not sure what its doing for speed.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. I have not been able to find 8208 anywhere in my area so I am trying CFE223 and H335 for 95gr Vmax and 123gr Amax.

Getting 8208 here was impossible too, I got lucky and went to a local gun shop that stocks some powders and there sits 8 pounds of it so I grabbed it up.

Back