6x45 or 25x45

My vote between the 2 is a 18" 6x45. I absolutely love mine. Bhw barrel. I've been running 65gr vmaxes but have switched to 70gr tnts because the vmaxes weren't available. Good luck!

Drake21 since your in SD give Skinny a shout here on PM if you ever are looking for a can he is local to you and can get you what you need.
smile.gif

I've been using a Redding Type-S 223 FL die to load mine. I do the initial necking up with a Sinclair neck turning mandrel. Before that I used Hornady 6x45 dies. Nothing special but they do make good ammunition.

Greg

I have 3 6x45's. All BHW barrels all shoot great. 55 nosler BT for the yotes and such Sierra 85 hpbt for the deer and hogs. I've taken coyotes,deer,hog,javelina with my 6x45's. Love the round. Waaaay better bullet selection than the 223. Easy to make one pass in the die no extra steps at all. What's not to like?

I use standard Redding dies...Had some RCBS, but they wouldn't size down far enough for reliable feeding in one of our 6x45's...They worked just fine in another, but I sold them and use the Redding for all, now.

Back