6.8 spc

I cut all my .204's down to 22" and I also have to second WOA barrels as being one othe better ones available.

I also had My Remington SPS Varmit cut down to 22" and it didn't hurt it any. Its a little slower but just as accurate.

I've had a 6.8 for many years and it might be my favorite. The one thing I really think the 6.8 has going for it is the bullet selection. Many bullets have been designed around 6.8 velocities which only raises it's performance...

I was looking for an AR-15 platform carbine with more punch than a 5.56, and landed on the 6.8 SPC II. I'd seen the 6.8 SPC when it was first introduced in its original specs and wasn't at all impressed. When I saw what the SPC II was doing with 90 grain bullets I pulled the trigger.
Mine is a 16" Bison Armory barrel. It's a 1-11 twist with a SPC II chamber. It will shoot .75 MOA groups pretty easily. I hand load and have been getting velocities of 2800 to 2825 from my rifle with 90 grain bullets.
When it comes to shooting coyote size targets at long range, I prefer my .22-250 or .243's. With a 200 yard zero I'm getting a 10 inch drop at 300 yards. I've also noticed that its harder to dope the wind with this rifle.
I pretty much use the 6.8 SPC when I'm hunting in close cover where I'm not going to see coyotes much beyond 200 yards. It works great for this kind of hunting. When I'm hunting around open fields where I'll have chances at over 300 yards, I take my bolt action rifles.

Back