Shotgun optics

Shovelheadave

Wondering if anyone is using an Eotech or a reflex-type sight (Delta Point or FF III) for night hunting.

How's the Eotech A65 reticle at night ? Too much going on or, is it ok ??

I'm concerned about a reflex standing up to the bumps and bangs of night time hunting.

Also with these two, an issues with reflection off your scanner ?? Some times I end up tipping my scanner to the side and shooting off that (not using the gun light).

I has a eotech xps2 and then switched to ff3. I have 3 shotguns with them. They are awesome little sights, one is a speedbead mount the other two are on marlin 336 bases. Get the 3moa dot the 8 is too big.

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC on my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. Love them for hunting at night. Also have a Burris FF 3, I'm partial to the Aimpoints however. They are very durable and get unbelievable battery life.

Originally Posted By: beaglerI have an Aimpoint 9000SC on my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. Love them for hunting at night. Also have a Burris FF 3, I'm partial to the Aimpoints however. They are very durable and get unbelievable battery life.

After talking with you and UB, I have an SBE II on the way, should have it this weekend.
A 9000sc is also on my list but, I'm pretty comfortable with using tube-style RedDot. My 835 is set up that was so, it's would be a big change.

I'm really curious as to how the other types of powered optics are working out.

I love my EoTech 512 and have used it night hunting since Kentucky first started. Prefect for what I do. Fast lineup on the coyotes.

I use the Bushnell trs25. Just as good as my buddies aimpoint except for the lowest brightness setting could be better and its not submersible up to 60ft or whatever it is. But I don't hunt preds under water so...yeah. I kicked the [beeep] out of my shotty this year still works great. It's a cheap way out but I harvest yotes night and day with her.

Back