Magnesium lowers

jholp

I have a few AR lowers, but am looking for the best price for a magnesium lower. Before I left town for a few months Wholesale Hunter had them on sale for $59.99 ?? but I cannot find that price now.

Where is the best price currently? I want to build a ultra light AR next.

Thanks,

John

Originally Posted By: bryan hThey used to make wheels out of it and they would snap.

Use too? Don't tell American Racing that. Not that I would know anything about it mind you. I ran them hard back in the 70's. The alloys made a big difference over ghe original ones.

I wonder if the lowers are an alloy or pure. That would make quite a difference. Although I can't imagine they would be worse than polymer lowers in many applications.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: bryan hThey used to make wheels out of it and they would snap.

Use too? Don't tell American Racing that. Not that I would know anything about it mind you.

Greg
Tell use about it.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: bryan hThey used to make wheels out of it and they would snap.

Use too? Don't tell American Racing that. Not that I would know anything about it mind you. I ran them hard back in the 70's. The alloys made a big difference over ghe original ones.

I wonder if the lowers are an alloy or pure. That would make quite a difference. Although I can't imagine they would be worse than polymer lowers in many applications.

Greg

The lowers are Magnesium Alloy.

I have two, bought them because they were cheap and I wanted to build some sub 6 pound AR's. They work well, super fit. They will scratch easy but Krylon will fix that...

They weight roughly 6 oz and a standard aluminum one is 8.5 ish.

FYI - received a couple of the magnesium lowers.

Threads are TIGHT for the buffer tube. Last two 360 degree rotations, may not be able to complete. This is NOT a coating issue.

Assembled the trigger group first - will not release the hammer (with safety off). Tried two different trigger groups.

Third - trigger does not have enough clearance to move when pushed all the way down into position.

Kind of a bummer - rather looking forward to using these.

Back