DIY Automatic Case Annealer for under $100- Pics and Plans

Just as an aside to the original plans in this thread, I have made a couple revisions:

One revision is to make 2 separate main drums, one for larger (longer) cases (longest in my collection is 338-06/30-06) and another shallower drum for annealing brass much shorter, like my 17 hornet brass, or my brother's 204 brass

Also, the original plans on the Aussie forum suggest cutting 2 grooves in the case feeder, one for smaller sized (.223 etc) and another for say magnum cartridges such as my 270 WSM & using screws to block either one of the slot sizes depending on the circumference of the brass being annealed. I ordered enough to make 2 separate case feeder couplers & will swap 'em when needed. One for short skinny cases and the other for longer, fatter cases.

And finally, the spacers for the main drum motor mounts I will be making out of delrin, cheap and easy!!

Good ideas! I initially planned on making two different sized grooves for my different cases, however I round that the one I cut worked well for all of the calibers (277wlv, 6.8 based wildcat, and 6.5x47 based wildcat) I would be annealing so I left it at that.

I have an idea for a universal main drum that would have a plastic disc with spacers between the back of the drum and the disc. Different spacers for each length case and you get to keep the nice finished edge.

Originally Posted By: Livn68Good ideas! I initially planned on making two different sized grooves for my different cases, however I round that the one I cut worked well for all of the calibers (277wlv, 6.8 based wildcat, and 6.5x47 based wildcat) I would be annealing so I left it at that.

I have an idea for a universal main drum that would have a plastic disc with spacers between the back of the drum and the disc. Different spacers for each length case and you get to keep the nice finished edge.

Never even thought about that...good thinking!!

would be an awesome parts kit for 150. supply everything but the wood. and a sticker template for the wood to cut.

make som real money there!

Back