RCBS Trim Mate Case Prep Center ?

Matt N.

I am considering purchasing a RCBS Trim Mate Case Prep Center to speed up deburring and chamfering. Any opinions? Is there a better product or a better way?

Thanks.

I have one and I like it. As far as better...I don't know. A lot of that is going to be opinion. When it comes to deburring and chamfering it's kind of a pain in the neck thing to have to do no matter how you slice it. I think as far as these steps go it's all really a matter of doing it in the least amount of time possible. You will definitely save a lot of time by going to one of those WFT type trimmers if you have a lot of brass to trim. I am mostly loading for accuracy when I load rifle stuff, one thing I like to do to all my brass is deburr the flash hole. That is done easily on the RCBS prep center.

You could also do the RCBS 3 way cutter for your trimmer. Not sure if the RCBS cutter only fits the RCBS trimmer or not. I run one for volume 223 and it works pretty slick once set up. I have the standard trimmer with 3 way cutter and attach my drill for a power trimmer set up. The 3 way allows adjustment for trim length, deburring, and chamfer. Overall I think it works well, a little spendy maybe...

No ands, ifs, or buts, case prep stinks, but it is a lot easier with my RCBS case prep center, I have been using it for over 8 years and I like it. I use the VLD trimer for inside case prep.

i picked up a red case prep tool. and its sure a lot nicer than doing it by hand that's for [beeep] sure. and it took at least two handling steps off my brass processing. and i'm all for streamlining.

however - take a look at the lee quick trim dies. i just got mine for 300 blackout (i was using possum hollow for other calibers and couldnt find one) and holy Moses. i wish they would have come up with these 5+ years ago.

trim, chamfer and debur all in a couple seconds and one stroke of the press. the trim length was nice and consistent and the chamfer/debur speak for themselves. very consistent!

i will be getting more in the future.

here's some finished product. (before final tumble for polishing/lube removal anyway)

i got the power adapter and run it off a small hand drill
the bungee gives a nice even pressure on the case, so all i'm doing with my drill hand is pressing the trigger to turn it on. i was able to produce around 6 cases a minute. - call it 4-5 seconds of drill time and however long it takes to add/remove a peice of brass from the press. a friend on another forum who uses the hand crank handle was still pulling off about 4 peices a minute i think it was.

Love my RCBS Trim Mate. Wouldn't be without one. I just replaced the large and small primer pocket brushes...got them via Amazon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xmineratLove my RCBS Trim Mate. Wouldn't be without one. I just replaced the large and small primer pocket brushes...got them via Amazon.

Mine wore out last year and rcbs replaced them,no cost.

I love mine, but I hated the chamfer and deburr tool heads it came with. K bought Lyman handheld tools, screwed the toolheads out of the handles, and screwed them in the case prep. Works much better!

Back