how long to let pup distress run

Foggy scope

OK I searched and didn't find what i was looking for ( that's a first for me lol) So here go's. OK you start the rabbit distress and 2 minuets in you shoot a customer fox bang starts pup distress how long to run the pup before returning to the rabbit in a 15 to 20 minuet set
thank in advance
Ace

Originally Posted By: Foggy scopeOK I searched and didn't find what i was looking for ( that's a first for me lol) So here go's. OK you start the rabbit distress and 2 minuets in you shoot a customer fox bang starts pup distress how long to run the pup before returning to the rabbit in a 15 to 20 minuet set
thank in advance
Ace

if it happens like you just described i would let pd play for about 5 to 7 minutes and be off to the next place. if another comes in during that 5 to 7 and gets killed i would stay another 5 or 7. just the way i would do it.

If it happened that fast I would mute pup distress, wait a few minutes and either howl or go back to rabbit or whatever distress. I had this happen and second coyote came at the 15 minute mark. I normally sit for 30 minutes minimum.

Called in two in about 20 seconds this year. Killed one,shot at the other,kept playing rabbit in distress and ten minutes later had two more come in. I stay at least 15 minutes no matter what.

All right thanks guys just trying to get this e caller thing figured out.
The last time i did any calling the criteR call and the tally ho where all the rage and Gerry Blair was the resident expert lol.
Back then I never used coyote vocalizations if I shot one early in the set I would just go back to screaming the rabbit guess thing haven't changed that much in 20 years lol. Ive been watching to many foxpro fur takers videos I guess
Thank again and good hunting
Ace

Gerry Blair is THE MAN lol! I used to love reading his stories in The Trapper back in the 80's, stories featuring Moose Dick (Ithaca 10 ga), etc. He had a way of writing a good story. Is he still around?

Im not sure 204AR he retired from the traper predator caller in 2000 he was a great riter loved hes stories and books any one know let us know

Back