Central/Eastern Oregon Trip Advice Needed

The Surgeon

I live in Salem Oregon for those of you who know where that is but would like to take a couple of days off work and make a trip to Central/Eastern Oregon this April/May. So my question is for you Oregon/Washington folks which I know there are a few on here. Problem is I don’t have a clue where to go. I’d like to take a few buddies along but I might end up going alone it depends. Preferably I would like to find a place where there are lots of things to shoot (squrriels, rabits etc) but this would mainly be a coyote calling trip. I would be willing to travel to pretty much any place in the state of Oregon. Public land is fine, I’m not looking for any secrect spots but rather a general area I could research further. Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions you might have.

Casey

I think any where east of bend you will find many coyote. Rabbits seem to be real hit and miss, but when you find them there well be a bunch!

Casey

I would stop in at your local fish and wild life.while you are there tell them your plans and load up on maps and info. They have always been a big help for me. Once you find a place to go don't be afraid to knock on doors of local farmers. They might be tired of coyotes and need your help. The worst they can say is no. If eastern Oregon is like eastern Wa there will be sage brush, I always find them in sage brush. Right now they are coming in hot to vocals. Good luck.

Back