Texas blood trackers level 2 tested

the impactzone

Took my dog Brynne to a weekend seminar and tracking test, Texasbloodtrackers.com first day was a meet and great and evaluations, ran a couple of short 200 yard blind tracks , next day they separated the pups from more experienced dog and you got a chance to work you dog on a blood trail with an experienced trainer. This was great and I leaned a lot of how to read my dog on a trail I had not laid, so there were no indications or ques from me on the track.

Later that day she was tested on a level 2 track , 800 yards, 8 hours old, intermittent blood trail, 3- 90* turns and 2 beds, was allowed 2 restarts pass or fail. This trail has sat in a freezing rain for 8 hours

She was stink on it till the last 20 yards when she came across a fresh coyote scat, got a little distracted and I had to put her on the last drop of blood, she finished the track and passed.

The next dog tested on another trail had his deer hide stolen by a coyotes but passed as he took them to the bed.

I got into this because I do more recovery with my dog than decoy work hunting more at night and she tends to wind more than track and figured teaching her to follow a blood trail would result in more coyotes in the truck.
Pretty proud of her

1/2 lacey 1/4 curr 1/4 Catahoula lots of lacey at the event a few currs and Catahoula's and one blood hound. good bunch or people at the event no one asked me about pedigree just wanted to see how the dog worked!

Back