Track ID and snow

boss

Went out to my piece after the snow and wow! We don't get but one or two snows a year here that amount to much. Amazing how much more activity you're able to see after a snow. Any suggestions on what this one is? Tracks

And last but not least, #3. I'm thinking coyote, there was blood in the footprints and every so often not in the footprint. I tracked them for 300 yards thinking it would lead me to something, but lost them into a cutover. Picture is kind of crappy, but the tracks were decent sized. Yote?

Called at Sunrise and Sundown with no luck whatsoever. Looked like all the activity according to the tracks and snow time framed happened in the dark.

Yeah the pics don't really do much justice. There are bobcats around and fox. I've heard coyotes but haven't seen one on camera or in person. Must of the spots I call you can't see past 50 yards. Tough hunting. Things could be on the periphery while calling and you would never know it if they stay quiet.

Not enough defintion to conclude much, Pace ,weight and speed can be determined in a string of tracks,but not possible with just a track or two. Some breeds of dogs leave a very good coyote track. Fox here will leave tracks where coyotes won't spend much time. Sometimes trailing you can determine what the tracks are by noting how the animal was reacting to things in its environment.

Thanks for the info. I moved a couple of cameras around so hopefully I'll get some pics over the next couple of weeks. Bobcat and fox went out on the 28th of Feb. so they get a pass until next season.

First one looks like either a cat or domestic dog. I'd go with cat if not in an area likely to have a dog. Second looks like fox. Third either fox or yote. tough to tell the size in the pic

Back