Cold day double

titch--

Got to go out for another round on thursday.

First set I pulled out a paired up couple of yotes only to miss the a fairly easy shot at 240yds. I blame it on the -44 degrees (with wind) out and fingers being pretty fricken cold sitting waiting for these guys to get into a good spot. lol Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it.
smile.gif

Second set was moreless a spot and stalk, but there was no spot so no stalk. lol Did see 3 mulie bucks though. They still had full racks which is getting pretty late for that.

Third set was a spot a stalk. Hung out on a the valleys edge for a few and out popped a coyote on a ridge walking down into the valley. He stopped in a good position at 230yds and fell over from a quick bark of the 243. Right after watching him slide down the hill some, I saw another coyote 200-300 past this one walking with no care in the world. I scooted down the ridge aways out of sight till I was about 200 yads past my last kill and peeked over for a look see. I saw the other coyote just top the ridge in front of me. He saw me but could tell what I was because I was in a little low spot, so I leopard crawled about 30yds for a shot at about 120yds. He fell to the 70grainer without a word. I think I can thank this dog for being a young dumb one for hangin around long enough for me to get a good shot on him.

Didnt take many pics this day
02-26-15%20double_zpsoacu57jx.jpg

Another pic looking back towards my shooting position, which is dead center of the pic above the trees. The coyote was on that lil hump and slid down to were it is here.
02-26-15%20double%20kill%20site_zpsanwiuqll.jpg

I think Im going back on sunday to put a stalk on the two that got away, since the farmer was kind enough to make a path in the snow for a km out in his field.

Excellent!! Ya 44 below is cold. Ya done real good. Everytime I see your rifle I tell myself I gotta get a roll of that horse wrap.

Last edited:
I know all about the cold -- its tough- way to go-- this next week they will still b in good shape in the wide open-and they r still looking for love-

I didnt get to get out today so it will have to wait to later this week. Looks like its going to get real nice here soon.

I got another 12ish yotes to take down yet for the farmers

The wind varies here in the prairies. It was like 70km here the other day.

But I dont like to go out more then 20km or 13mph

Back