Female in heat

While I think it's a little past the breeding season, just keep in mind that with the current weather situation, I think you will have more success with prey calls than howls...Try your luck just before and after a weather front is in the area...Animals seem to be better predictors of the weather than most weather reporters...When one is approaching, they tend to feed heavier and after one passes, they are usually very hungry since they tend to lay up during the actual bad weather...

I see your out in left field, so they may or may not be done breeding in your area, I know that they are NOT done in my area. I followed a pair of tracks this past weekend, and she was dripping, which means, they aren't out of the breeding period around here.

Same as songdog up here in WY, its still working in some areas. In NE last weekend we had no coyotes come into it so we changed back to distress and popped 3. So it does depend on the area.

the males will still come,not all but some.they come to pup distress in nov.,they are not able to reason.like oh breeding is over or there should not be any pups now.

I wonder what would happen if you had a [beeep] dog in heat (your pet dog) and took her with you when calling? Would a coyote be as attracted to a dog in heat as it would a [beeep] coyote?

Oh.....sorry....I guess you cannot refer to a female dog in the proper terms....my bad.

Last edited:
We have done that several times with good results. A coyote is not too particular about his choice of partners when it comes to that.

Back