My Crow, Monkey Skulls and misc oddities

Infidel 762

Staff member
I brought home my Crow. He now sits on my mantle watching over my living room and front door...

The indigenous people of our plains from yesteryear often saw Crow as a trickster, much like Coyote... Multiple cultures have folklore regarding the mischievous ways of Crow, who is still viewed by some as a symbol of transformation... Crow has been associated with many things; from the creation of the Earth to the gift of Sunlite to mankind... Crow has a dark side as well, as some have viewed him as a stealer of souls...

This is a spider monkey;

This is a vervet monkey;

Move along folks, nothing to see here.
lol.gif

Don't leave the light on for me. I won't be showing up anytime soon.
scared.gif

I got an idea why the critter with the fruit bat skull drinks.
thumbup.gif

Infidel,,,,You have a really strange collection...I thought I was a little 'off' with my liquor bottles...but you beat me on this one...

I really like the first 3 pictures and the story that you told.
You have a real steam punk thing going on there I also like the clock in pic 4.
The rest not so much to voodooo'ie for my taste.
Oh and red is that you in pic 2 trying to look inconspicuous lol
Any way thanks for the pictures and the story
P.S. voodoo'ie is that a word probably not but you get my meaning lol

Somewhere I have a stuffed frog playing the saxophone that would look good next to your guitar player! Neat stuff, not really up my alley but neat collection nonetheless. The old poison bottles are cool.

I know I got some strange taste... Anytime I go to a city I search out antique stores... Old medical equipment and vintage advertising are the main "treasures" I find...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleInfidel,,,,You have a really strange collection...I thought I was a little 'off' with my liquor bottles...but you beat me on this one...

Dang those are all full...

Originally Posted By: Foggy scopeI really like the first 3 pictures and the story that you told.
You have a real steam punk thing going on there I also like the clock in pic 4.

Most people don't know what steampunk is...
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleInfidel,,,,You have a really strange collection...I thought I was a little 'off' with my liquor bottles...but you beat me on this one...

Now that right there is an old fellers collection... I tried collecting miniatures a time or two back in my younger days OT, never could keep mine full long enough to establish what most might call a 'collection'.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Your kids don't wake up much with nightmares do they Infidel?
lol.gif

Naw they are used to it... They been around it since they learned to walk... It will be a good intimidating factor when my daughters bring boys around... Do one of my daughters wrong and I have a special place for your skull on my mantle...
mad.gif

Quote:I'd rather play in the liqour room....Oddly enough, with the exception of the bottles in the white cabinet (my American Bourbon collection) all the little bottles on the other shelves are still full, with unbroken seals...Some have lost their seal and evaporated to varying degrees, but they come from all over the world...Everything from Two Worm Tequilas, Irish Whiskeys, to Japanese Vodka and Flavored Liquors from the South Sea Islands...

Usually, when I can, I try to find larger versions of the minis in the Bourbon line just to sample some of the better ones..

Back