Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2807252 - 03/02/15 05:27 PM States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor.
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Any new or updated info can be added here.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#2807368 - 03/02/15 08:00 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
Shurshot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Ohio
Update effective March 19, 2015

#2807405 - 03/02/15 08:32 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: Shurshot]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: Shurshot

Thank You!

#2807681 - 03/03/15 12:15 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
blopez50 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Montana
Thanks for posting this up. I'm just curious where the information is from. I've heard lots of people talk about hunting non-game animals with cans in Montana but when I called I was told they are illegal to hunt with period.

#2807689 - 03/03/15 12:25 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: blopez50]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: blopez50
Thanks for posting this up. I'm just curious where the information is from. I've heard lots of people talk about hunting non-game animals with cans in Montana but when I called I was told they are illegal to hunt with period.

Don't believe everything you see or hear... Contact the head GFP of the state... I've had big name wardens in my state tell me I couldn't hunt ANYTHING with a can... whether they were misinformed, or just putting up a front, either way they didn't know what the [beeep] they were talking about.
Think of it this way, ask the average politician what an MOA is, or a Suppressor, or an 8lb keg of Varget, they'll look at you like your crazy.
It can be a similar instance with the state, not everyone knows the info they should for their roll... I suggest contacting multiple Wardens, I know a few fellas who kill 400+ a year in that state, who would know the legalities of running a can.

Then the gunshows.... I'll tell ya, they really come out of the woodwork for those happenings, a good 25% of the fellas that stop by our booth tell us what we are doing is illegal... It's hard to know where to begin informing them with the facts.

#2807691 - 03/03/15 12:28 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
blopez50 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Montana
Sounds great man, thanks again. I just talked with the first person they put me on the phone with. I'll have to call back and dig deeper.

#2807720 - 03/03/15 01:37 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
most states now have the current regs posted online. either get a copy & highlight the relevant parts, put that in your pack, or find it online, print it out & take it with you.

My approach to such disputes is to be calm & respectful. "I'm sorry if I've misunderstood the regs, I have a copy here. Would you mind looking at this with me so I can see where I got it wrong? I thought this part here says (whatever is in question)".

One caveat is that the regs they distribute to the public are usually not the actual laws, and the actual laws are what controls. So the regs could say something that isn't in fact in compliance with the law itself.

Keep calm and crazy on

#2808082 - 03/04/15 10:25 AM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
thelonehowler Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: falconer n.y.-usa
thank you for the info.go figure new York state would be one of the states you can't own or use a can

#2808723 - 03/05/15 06:44 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
3DHUSKER Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: DownTheRoadFromKampKumbaya
I have a email from the head man of the MO dept of Conservation saying I can hunt anything here with a can just in case I run into one of his officers that is misinformed. Never had to use it.

Most Game Officers just want to shoot it when they see I have one. smile I have most of their phone #'s now and they say let me know if you see any thing that isn't right and flag me down when they see me out hunting just to shoot the breeze and my weapon. smile

#2816866 - 03/25/15 10:34 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
Kino M Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern Indiana
So happy Indiana finally came around!!

#2818630 - 03/30/15 11:38 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: Shurshot]
Nitroman Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Southwest Alaska
Originally Posted By: Shurshot

I am not sure I see that correctly. In Alaska there are no regs disallowing cans. You have one, you use one, anywhere you want.

Better living through chemistry!

#2818643 - 03/31/15 12:55 AM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
Kino M Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern Indiana
Montana hopefully very soon!

Edited by Kino M (04/15/15 10:49 PM)

#2832031 - 05/17/15 03:27 AM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
Field Medic Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Missouri Ozarks
3D husker. .. what is the process and time it took you to get your can registered in MO? What kind of cost is involved?

#2832374 - 05/18/15 01:08 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: Field Medic]
3DHUSKER Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: DownTheRoadFromKampKumbaya
Originally Posted By: Field Medic
3D husker. .. what is the process and time it took you to get your can registered in MO? What kind of cost is involved?

Right now trusts and individual are running about 4 months. Send me a Pm with your # and when your available and I will call you and run you through process. Its easy, worse thing is the wait.

#2838301 - 06/11/15 05:07 PM Re: States that allow Hunting with a Suppressor. [Re: skinney]
Kilts Offline

Loc: Iowa
Thanks for the great info!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.