Best new AR for coyotes under $800. ?

wbyman

Which new AR for under $800 would you guys recommend for coyote calling? I am left handed if it makes a difference. This will be my first AR. Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dead CoyoteBecause they are the last ones made that way. He made a deal with them and bought them all.
From the Distributor that is. He is just 4 miles north of Lake Benton, Mn

Another vote for the r-15 from Lake Benton.
Curiously I bought the exact same one from them about 4 years ago. Its awesome with Hornady 53 gr superformance.
I also am left handed and added an ambidexerous safety. They might have a gunsmith on site if you ask.
It's a really good place to do business.

My mmr hunter shot better than my buddies r15 but both shot under an inch at 100 yards. That was with him shooting his and me shooting mine so kinda comparing apples and oranges. The mmr was and still is I believe under $700.00

Originally Posted By: Dead CoyoteBecause they are the last ones made that way. He made a deal with them and bought them all.

Okay gotcha! That's very tempting? I might have to pick one up

I would also say the mmr hunter... 2 inch longer (20inch)barrel and weighs about the same.... Buds guns has them for under 640$... Nice guns..

You can easily build your own for under a grand and get a left handed upper.....find a barrel sale good to go, you can build probably the equiv of a 1200 rifle for 800 bucks, I know stag has a left handed upper biggest decision is barrel length IMO.

Back