300 Blackout

First of all, I'd like to say I know there are a number of caliber choices that would be better for coyotes. I already own one and had pretty good success with deer in the areas I hunt in South Carolina(all shots were

I have the girlfriend shooting one.we're using the Barnes factory 110 grain rounds for now. I have a 700 in 300blk that I load the 110 vmax subsonic for.

while i wouldnt hesitate to use a 300 blackout on coyote sized game, i would be looking to use a fast and light load for the caliber. something like the barnes or hornady 110's in factory ammo would be a great choice, and the new barnes 120 blacktip looks to be showing promise (if you can find it).

i havent shot the new UMC white box 120 OTM's that barnes is producing for accuracy yet, but the numbers look good on the chronograph. I was dinging the 6" plates easily at 75 yds offhand with them.

as a reloader i've gotten good results accuracy wise with the Nosler BT and SST in the 125 class @ 2050 or so fps

110's have been respectable as well in both the Vmax and the Armageddons. i wasn't getting hair splitting accuracy, but it was 1-1.25 moa class type consistency, which i feel should fulfill the hunting accuracy need of something coyote sized
smile.gif

Back