Scouting for Raccoon Night Hunting (trail cam footage)

chuck hunter

The raccoons have been killing my chickens. I trapped one and killed it, but I'd rather shoot them with my 25 caliber pellet gun (Mrod) and get the hit on video.
So I set my trail cam out for several night to see where and "WHAT TIME" they will show up.
I live 200 yards from the creek and my guess was, they were coming from that creek.
Also, it looked like something was digging under the foundation of my barn to get in and eat the chicken food. The size of the hole was small and I figured it was a rat.
With the trail cam out waiting for the raccoons to show their faces, I see all types of action down at the stream.
I never would have known it was a target rich environment down there without a trail cam.
Now I can see I have a host of targets, not just the raccoons.
I want to make a coon hunting video and I caught 2 coons on the camera last night, so I know that I have targets for "THAT" video.
But I can see more than ONE video coming up this summer.
Here is a taste of the footage the cam recoreded a few nights ago.
I edited down 30 mins of footage to make it more compact to watch.
The raccoons will be in the next video coming shortly.

Vimeo..
https://vimeo.com/119655910

Same video on YT..

thumbup1.gif

Interesting.

I am looking forward to seeing a raccoon video, complete with the shooting. Keep us posted.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Interesting.

I am looking forward to seeing a raccoon video, complete with the shooting. Keep us posted.

I'm looking forward to that myself brother. Next one is the target I really WANT. (Raccoons.)
Thank you for your help. You have been an extremely influential part of my videos.
You have helped me along this "night hunting road" that I'm on.
I'm hoping to have videos like yours soon friend.
Thank you 6mmo6.
You have helped me more than you will ever know.
God bless you my friend.
CH

That is really interesting. I have coon feeders out for starting young dogs. I use dog food mixed with shelled corn. Coons will eat shelled corn of course, but it's really just there to keep the mix moving through the feeder. Coons always leave the corn and eat the dog food when they have the choice. I have cameras on the feeders so I can see when the best time to hunt the dogs will be. I have several of these feeders right next to ponds that are full of muskrats and never have seen one try to eat out of the feeder. I never would have thought a muskrat would eat dog food.

I enjoy coon hunting but have since sold my N550 hoping to acquire a nicer setup. Been scanning the site to see what's out there but it gets frustrating. Keep us posted
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: evilcoonI enjoy coon hunting but have since sold my N550 hoping to acquire a nicer setup. Been scanning the site to see what's out there but it gets frustrating. Keep us posted
smile.gif

Hay, I liked your video. I'm doing the same thing. I just need the weather to cooperate.

Did you watch part 2 "Night of the raccoon" when I finely get some raccoon footage.

https://vimeo.com/119827431

I did get more raccoon footage a few nights later.
When warm temperatures get here, I'm going to whack a few using my scope cam.
I'll put the video on my hunting channel .

Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/user24034679/videos

Then post a link here on PM.

Last edited:
Back