Springfield 1911 A1 GI micro compact

midwestpredator

I came across a Springfield 1911 A1 GI micro compact 45acp for sale today and Im curious if anyone has any first hand experience with one?

Good, bad, ugly? Value of a slighty used one (maybe 1-200 rounds fired)?

ETA: If I buy this one, I would probably want to install a beavertail safety, upgrade the hammer and possible swap safety and slide release for extended versions.

That said, would you recommend going with a Philippine made 1911 (any brands in particular?) that already comes with these options or stick with the Springfield and upgrade as needed?

Here is a link of the model Springfield Im looking at:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/699472/la-...act-gi-1911-a1-

Last edited:
That one appears gone. Is this for CC? I just have a full sized 1911, some of the smaller ones seem to have reliability problems.

Palmetto State Armory often has sales on the Sig P938 for $499, +$17 shipping. Great CC gun in similar platform.

I have the exact pistol and use it for conceal carry sometimes. I will say it had feeding issues, but when I got the Wilson combat and nighthawk magazines that all stopped. I put laser grips on it and it's a handier size if you prefer a .45 for carry. I would buy it again for sure.

the ad is not for the one Im looking at, just used it for model/picture reference. Ive read mixed reviews on sub 4" 1911 reliability but IDK if I buy most of it just yet. With so many being made you would think that people would quit buying them and then manufactures would quit making them??

Anyway, it would maybe be used for CC someday but not sure. I had looked at the sigs already amd they seem nice but grip is a tad small for my hands.

I could get this Springfield one for $500, maybe a tad less if I do some sweet talking. I would really like to build a 1911 from scratch but I have not convinced myself that it would be worth it. Would cost as much or more that a name brand one and not sure how they are for resale should that day ever come.

Also, I think these are the series 70 firing pin. Not sure if thats good or bad, havent researched series 70 vs 80 yet.

Eugene, hows the recoil compared to a commander sized 1911? Id imagine a bit sharper but still very manageable for longer strings of shooting?

Last edited:
Back