Knocked down 2 -- missed 4

Wile E Coyotie

yesterday was a cold one -- minus 24C plus wind chill -( MINUS 38C)- almost makes it uncomfortable - u gotta dress for it - I used Hot Hands yesterday - to keep the trigger finger bendable without breaking --
no excuses except the cold --i guess - I dumped a double on the first set --
both females both come together at the same pace-- #945 sub adult female- sable white white--and her partner #946- sub adult female sable straw sable-

missed a big dark male after lunch ( frozen P&J sandwich )--on my 2nd set-- ran through the set up- to get my wind--and departed - no shot offered--- thats upsetting--i am wondering about getting a Bubba of my own to challenge those who run through--
3rd set 2 come together and left together -- i fired 4 shots into the earth --

4th set -- 1- come by himself -- and sat at 150 yrds barking -- I should have shot him but waited for his cohorts to catch up to him and so that little devil sprang up on my shoulders claiming --u can do it - u can get 3 here right now-- and --i missed them all-
Beautiful day on new ranch mrs Rancher claims there r 3 wolves traveling together all white-- told her i would work on that --

Great job on the double. ! Hot hands work pretty good. I good friend's wife recently made me a felted wool pair of Arctic mitts. They are nearly 1/2" thick Cheviot wool. I have them in my military Arctic over mitts. They barely fit inside. But I can pull them off for the shot or for calling. . The wool is so tight and thick that they are nearly wind pruf by themselves. I'm going to be wearing them tomorrow on a caribou/predator hunt. Not expecting arctic temps but-10°F in the morning. Felting wool is a lot faster than knitting and gives a smoother surface. For mitts its the way to go imo.

What cart are u shooting?

Last edited:
A couple nice dog there!
With this recent cold weather,I have been going through the hot hands too.LOL
Cold weather I can handle but throw wind into the mix and I'm looking for sheltered areas to hunt.
Good going, on not letting the weather conditions slow you down!

Nice job there Wile E.

You must be in the SW corner of sask to have very little snow like you do. We were doing good here until feb came around. Now its starting to me a pain in the arse.
smile.gif

Back