Best E caller for around $250-300

cwilliams563

I am sure this has been asked quite a bit before so I apologize in advance if so.

Been wanting and putting off a good Ecaller for probably the last 10+ years due to the price. Been using hand calls but would like to step it up.

The more I research the more confused I think I have become.
The other day I settled on a used Firestorm for around $250 FTF, but then saw reconditioned for $249-$269 plus tax and shipping ($285 approx.). Then saw the FuryII Reconditioned for $299 plus tax and shipping ($335 approx.) I see the Crossfire is $399 and the Fusion is $499 new

Want a great sounding caller with the best chance of success and do want to be able to add the Foxjack decoy onto the battery compartment. Looking at FoxPro's site and the reviews, they all have 5 stars so that doesn't narrow it down for me lol!

I like to do it right the first time but have been putting off spending around $300 for a caller for years and don't want to price myself out or deter. I'm not sure just what all features I'll even need, use, or want. Just very confused. What would be my best bet? If I bought say the Recond. Fury II, would I regret it and been better off with the Crossfire or even the Fusion? Kind of leaning towards the Firestorm or FuryII Recond. currently, what would you guys do?

i would go with the reconditioned fury. not even the fury 2. just the plain fury. best caller foxpro ever made in my opinion. it is simple with just enough features to not be over complicated. if you cant call animals with it you cant call them with anything.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti would go with the reconditioned fury. not even the fury 2. just the plain fury. best caller foxpro ever made in my opinion. it is simple with just enough features to not be over complicated. if you cant call animals with it you cant call them with anything.

I wasn't seeing the Fury recond. with a google search, just the Fury II and firestorm but will keep looking, didn't see any on FoxPro's site either. It looks like from FoxPro's site that the Fury only comes with 10 preloaded sounds vs. the FuryII with 100. Are you recommending the Fury over the Fury II because of better quality/sounds, better unit all in all or because maybe less$$$ and simpler? Would like a better unit with great sounds (sure all FoxPro's sounds great?)

Originally Posted By: Bob after BobIf you day hunt get one with a long range remote.
What are you referring to as a long range remote? I'll assume one with an antenna? Never thought of it, but yes primarily daytime hunts and would like the extended range. If that's the case I don't see an external antenna on the Firestorm so it will be out of that's the case.

The Fury II is just a Fury with extra features. Foxbang is one, not sure what else.

Any of the calls you listed will do fine. A Fury II is a fine caller (I have a Fury) & for $300 is quite a lot of caller.

Ok it looks like I may have read it wrong, the Fury does have 100 preloaded sounds but saw the 10 sound presets and must have misinterpreted.

I found the Fury recond. online at Cabelas after all and it is $275 vs. the FuryII for $299 so one of them sounds like my best best along with a Foxjack 1

Thanks guys!

disregard, forum search.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I have had my recon. Fury2 for awhile now, i am very happy with it. I am still getting used to the features on it. Would not hesitate to buy again.

Alright guys, pulled the trigger on a Recond. Fury2 earlier. Thank for the responses!

Just out of curiosity, what does the TX1000 offer over the TX500 besides a larger screen to view?

Originally Posted By: cwilliams563Alright guys, pulled the trigger on a Recond. Fury2 earlier. Thank for the responses!

Just out of curiosity, what does the TX1000 offer over the TX500 besides a larger screen to view?
The buttons stick out so you can run it without looking at the them, categories so you don't have to run through all your sounds or remember what # they are + all the new fox features.

50 presets is the most important difference to me. Arrange your sounds and your presets in logical sequence, and you are good to go.

Back