[beeep] Pup howler diaprhagm. Anyone try it?

BrandonU.

Has anyone ever tried the [beeep] pup howler diaphragm calls?I have used diaphragm calls before for elk and turkey but never for coyotes. What are your thoughts on them? Are they hard to learn? What howl do you suggest learning first? I have a foxpro spitfire but the howls just don't sound as realistic like the distress calls on there.

Look up made for killing game calls. Their website and YouTube channel have a lot of good info. I've bought their starter pack and it's taken a lot of time but I'm starting to get the hang of them now.

I just started watching these guys and watching there video is really what got the fire in my butt to predator hunt and also to over abundance of coyotes where I hunt. I feel like I am the only guy that hunts bobcats and coyotes on the 191,000 acres public land. Every one else is deer hunting. Which is good in my favor. Those diaphragm calls sound so real compared to my Foxpro which is why I want to learn these calls. Thank you for the information!

You will not go wrong with them. If you are acclimated to a diaphragm they should be a piece of cake. They dang sure get the job done are great in any calling toolbox!

I've been doing a decent job of getting the [beeep] calls to sound decent but still can't get the volume out. I run out of air mostly .

I ordered a starter set last spring and as soon as I got the package open I started practicing with them. It was really rough at first but within a couple of days I was making pretty good consistent howls, barks, and PD. My idea was I wanted a howler I could pop in and leave in while I was using my hand calls and it works fairly well. I have no real issues with volume, its not as loud as my horn howler but I think its close. I'd suspect there is a difference in perceived sound volume coming from inside the mouth with a diaphragm as opposed to sound coming from the end of a 7" horn.
Something else to consider is that we sometimes get caught up in what "we" think sounds best or realistic and forget that we are broadcasting a sound that portrays a wild animal to other wild animals to trigger a response. Is it not more important how they perceive the sound than we do? Just food for thought.

Hi guys im new to the forum and new to the predator hunting world. I have been looking all night for a post about the made for killing calls. I am planning on ordering them in the next couple of days is there an instructional video on how to use them that you guys know of, and if not what is the best way to learn how to call with one?

Practice, practice and more practice! I have had my [beeep] pup howler for a month now. When I first got it, I sounded terrible. Sounding pretty good now. Havent tried it on a hunt yet, but I am getting close to trying it. They have some instructional videos on their website.

Originally Posted By: VanguardshooterHi guys im new to the forum and new to the predator hunting world. I have been looking all night for a post about the made for killing calls. I am planning on ordering them in the next couple of days is there an instructional video on how to use them that you guys know of, and if not what is the best way to learn how to call with one?

If you look them up on youie-tubie, there's now a couple instructionals that they have posted.

I just got the starter pack from them last Friday. Did not take me long to figure out how to make the sounds I wanted. The howler sounds awesome, in my biased opinion, and was able to get a ki-yi going as well. The distress sounds took me a day or so to work on. If you use diaphragm calls for long beards this should not be hard to accomplish and get good at. In some of their videos they only use their hands cupped to increase the volume. I ordered a horn but apparently so did everyone else because mine is on back-order. I just need this snow to melt. Its [beeep] trying to go through three feet of snow.

Back