AR Trigger?

These all sell well:

CMC Curved 3.5LB Trigger

POF 4.5LB Trigger

Timney 3LB Trigger

Hiperfire 24E 2-4LB Trigger

The POF is the best value and the Hiperfire has the lighest trigger pull (2, 3, or 4lbs depending on the springs you install). We sell a ton of the triggers (and their variants) above. All work great. Everyone has a favorite, but you can't go wrong with any of the more popular triggers on the market. They'll all be much better than a milspec trigger.

I think I've norrowed it down to 3 triggers. Either the Lucas Firearms LF3,BTE Match trigger or a TIMNEY trigger. All of them are good triggers I'm sure of it. It'll come down to a trigger from one of the sponsors of this site more than likely. I'd consider yall my friends and if I can help a friend out in any way I will. I just need a new trigger in the realist way regardless. I normally try not to blame anything other than me for missing a critter but believe me when I say I missed two coyotes and a bobcat this year because of that trigger. I had two standing broadside shots on that cat and both times I started creeping that trigger back and he started moving again. Each time it happened he moved faster into thicker cover. I believe if I'd have had a trigger with a lighter pull that'd been a dead kitty. I know it would have been. I was ready to shoot but the trigger had to think about it.

I've heard good things about AR Gold but I might feel like I'm putting gold plated rims on a rusty old Ford if I got one. I only payed around 400 dollars for my DPMS.

Originally Posted By: Chalky47What do you all think about the ALG Defense combat trigger?

They are "OK", but they're not great. They're a combat trigger. The Hiperfire EDT is a much better trigger if you're looking to stay under $100.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: Chalky47What do you all think about the ALG Defense combat trigger?

They are "OK", but they're not great. They're a combat trigger. The Hiperfire EDT is a much better trigger if you're looking to stay under $100.

Thanks and I'll check them out.

I have a couple rifles that have ALG triggers and I used the JP enhanced (lighter pull) springs. If your looking for a good trigger and not breaking the bank its a good option. I still like 2-stage triggers on target rifles but not so much for hunting. I think the QMS w/JP springs is only $60-65

AiM Surplus has the POF 4.5 lb trigger on sale for 119.95 shipped. I ordered a second one and for the price it is a very good buy.

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockI have a new Lucas Firearms LF3 trigger in my new 6.5 Grendel from sponsors here on the site, Predator Technology Group.

VERY nice trigger and worth checking into.

3 pounds and ZERO creep, VERY crisp release.

http://store.predatortechnologygroup.com/product-p/lf3t.htm
I like the 3lb triggers & glad I saw this.
IMO they should have small box flat rate usps shipping thats 1/2 the ups prices.

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: Jeff MockI have a new Lucas Firearms LF3 trigger in my new 6.5 Grendel from sponsors here on the site, Predator Technology Group.

IMO they should have small box flat rate usps shipping thats 1/2 the ups prices.

I would have to agree, If I were to spend that kind of money for a trigger I think the heaviest I would consider would be 3.5lbs.

I also second a USPS shipping option. Heck, a small padded envelope would suffice and probably cost $3.00 to send first class.

Last edited:
I put together a lower last night with a re-polished RRA Varmint 2 stage trigger and a set of yellow JP springs. Considerably lighter than my RRA NM 2 stage triggers or Bushy NM 2 stagers. Ain't on par with my wife's Geiselle NM's for feel, but the RRA Varmint + JP trigger is almost too light for a hunting rifle.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: Jeff MockI have a new Lucas Firearms LF3 trigger in my new 6.5 Grendel from sponsors here on the site, Predator Technology Group.

I would have to agree, If I were to spend that kind of money for a trigger I think the heaviest I would consider would be 3.5lbs.

I also second a USPS shipping option. Heck, a small padded envelope would suffice and probably cost $3.00 to send first class.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen, every little bit helps. We originally considered having USPS as an option, but we have had some less than desireable outcomes with the postal services which resulted in lost product and payments. Even though the packages were insured, we have yet to recover any of the products or the costs associated with the lost parcels, so we opted to go with UPS.

But you guys are our customers and we listen. So we will look at the USPS option again and maybe give it another try.

Thanks again guys.

Wanted to send out a big thanks to Jason over at Predator Technology Group he was very helpful and great to deal with. I ordered the Lucas LF3 from him and installed it this afternoon. I am very pleased with the the workmanship and zero creep in this trigger. Don't have a trigger pull guage but it has to be close to the 3 lbs range.

I just ordered and installed a Velocity 3lb - $150 trigger in a 22LR rig. I am very happy with it and will soon order another for my 6.8. It has a set screw on each side of the assembly that provides tension against the retention pins.

141288636835033.jpg

Last edited:
yall convinced me to go with the timney 3lb on my new build. OTM just got them back in stock. Went with a 18" Wilson arms fluted stainless barrel, ace stock, freefloat. Thinking about a Leupold 1.5-4 scope. Want a light gun for rane and might also start calling again.

Back