Almost done with my first build

kldad73

First off I want to thank all of you guys on hear for anwering my questions that I posted as well as the ones I didn't post because I found the answer using the search engine. I recieved my Fail Zero BCG from Primary Arms today in the mail and tomorrow I should have the Nordic XL tube, LP Gas Block and Gas Tube from Joebobs. Now I am just waiting for Black Hole to deliver my barrel so I can finish putting it together and see how it shoots. I guess while I'm waiting for the barrel I can contemplate my next build. I'm thinking 6.8. Man building AR's is addictive its a good thing I quit chewing tobacco. I need all the extra cash I can get.

Originally Posted By: bryan hOriginally Posted By: kldad73 Man building AR's is addictive.

Tell me about it!

How many have you built already bryan? I have not shot my 204 I built last year and ready to build another one... I did buy a new mmr hunter and swapped out the upper receiver with an aero just so I could have the FA and the DC... The mmr does not have FA and DC on its receiver but it does now.. Dan

You've been bit !!
consider 6x45mm vs 6.8 for you next one, everything except the barrel stays the same.
6.8 takes different brass, different BCG (and mags, I think). Resizing 223 brass to 6x45 is simple.
Of course you'll need to re-load for 6x45mm, if you're not already into it.

Have you seen Aero Precision New M4 E1 upper yet I used it and the keymod on this one and will use them from now on really nice and super light.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlYou've been bit !!
consider 6x45mm vs 6.8 for you next one, everything except the barrel stays the same.
6.8 takes different brass, different BCG (and mags, I think). Resizing 223 brass to 6x45 is simple.
Thanks I will look into the 6X45. I do reload so ammo is not an issue. Are dies readily available. I really want to build something for the kids to deer hunt with so I really want something with a little more knock down than a 223. ThAt is why I initially was looking at the 6.8.

Originally Posted By: kldad73Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlYou've been bit !!
Thanks I will look into the 6X45. I do reload so ammo is not an issue. Are dies readily available. I really want to build something for the kids to deer hunt with so I really want something with a little more knock down than a 223. ThAt is why I initially was looking at the 6.8.

The 6x45 on has a velocity of around 2,400 pushing a 100 gr bullet and the 6.8 is around 2,500 pushing a 110 gr bullet so for deer the 6.8 would be better. IMO

Last edited:
Back