Primos short trigger sticks

Humpness

I have been using the tall ones which are awesome from a taller chair but I have using a cabelas predator lounger and the legs are way spread out and they kick out easy. The short bipods may be discontinued? I can't find any. For the people with the short tripod version how do you like them. I fidget a lot before I start calling to get the perfect angle etc, wasn't sure it would just compound the problem or make it better.

I have a set and it never gets used. They are far to short if you are doing anything like shooting off your knees or on a but seat or setting up to shoot down hill. Also they are not good on uneven ground. I have a full sized Bogpod tripod and a full sized Primos Pole Cat bi-pod they both work in all kinds of situations. Do not waste your money on the short Trigger Sticks they simply are not versatile enough in my opinion.

Thx for the response. The tall trigger sticks work great for most seating especially in spring-fall when I use a taller seat because of the tall brush. In winter months I sit lower to the ground and the sticks are so spread eagle it sucks if you have to pick them up and move them over. Anyone suggest tripod version over bipod? I didn't like the bog pods adjustability over the trigger stick.

Ha I already said pretty much the same thing in my first post geesh

Last edited:
Trash...? Primos will give you a free one year replacement... and after that they will give you a half price replacement... called the Out of Warranty Replacement.

I use them even in a tree stand while deer hunting.

There Website has one so keep trying. I really like my tall Gen 2 bipods. Its the only bipod I could find where i could attach a light to the handle to scan with without having to scan the gun as well.

Anyone who bends or breaks a Trigger Stick is using it for something other than a gun rest. I have all heights of them. I also have the Stoney Point (now Caldwell) Rapid Pivots with the black (non-splitting) rubber in all heights. The Rapid Pivot is my favorite for a lightweight, there when you need it not when you don't bi-pod. No matter what anyone says, NOTHING adjusts faster in height than the Trigger Stick, and when on uneven ground (almost always), IS a BIG deal. They are a little heavy, but well built enough for most unless used as a walking stick, pry bar, dropped down the side of a mountain, or run over with a motorized vehicle.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Anyone who bends or breaks a Trigger Stick is using it for something other than a gun rest...They are a little heavy, but well built enough for most unless used as a walking stick, pry bar, dropped down the side of a mountain, or run over with a motorized vehicle.

That's been my experience with the GenI and recently acquired GenII. I love 'em, though when it comes time to hitch up the backpack and head up the big hills, they get left in the truck and the Stoney Point shooting sticks get strung in my belt.

I had the gen l version of the tripod and I did like it better. Very sturdy, the thing that swayed me was the weight difference between the two. I have the gen ll Bipod now and the weight difference is not that much.

I'm 6'3" and use a tactical BogPod for sitting down to prone. I'm able to get my legs under the tripod legs when sitting and adjust the height a bit by moving one or two legs. I'm not very flexible any more either.

I too would like to know of a way to shorten the sticks. too expensive to experiment at this & I have found nada on the net. Actually just bought a set of short tripods to try.

Back