Black dog down

TNpredator

Headed out this morning to make a few sets before the next round of snow gets here. Walked up on a coyote going in to my first spot. He was sitting there watching me when I spotted him. Dropped down and started lip squeaking cause he was skylined. He worked farther out hopping around and barking at me. Finally got him in a draw where I could shoot and missed the shot. Went on in to where i was gonna call but no takers. Went to my second spot and called about 20 minutes and had called it quits when i spotted a yote standing in the woods out from me. He took off but I barked him stopped and knocked him down.

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: duckstopperNice coyote. You guys down south seem to have them, but up here I've never heard of anyone getting one.

My taxidermist is diein for one... Everytime I seem him he asks me "wheres the all black or albino?" Pretty sure I saw a pic of an albino one that came off the cape a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiOriginally Posted By: duckstopperNice coyote. You guys down south seem to have them, but up here I've never heard of anyone getting one.

My taxidermist is diein for one... Everytime I seem him he asks me "wheres the all black or albino?" Pretty sure I saw a pic of an albino one that came off the cape a few years ago.

A guy I know on another forum got a nice black coyote up here in S. Maine a few years back...

Beautiful Yote. I always said I would never mount a yote but I think if I shot a black one I might make myself a liar. The neighbor called me last week and said he missed a black one with a brown spot on its ribcage in his yard. I hope I call it in soon cause I only have 2 more days to trap it and it's not been looking good.

Back