Leupold VXR Battery Life?

beagler

Just curious, you gentlemen using Leupold VXR scopes, what kind of battery life do you get? I hunt in very cold conditions most of the time and was wondering how well the batteries hold up.

I have a vx6 that I havent really put through its paces yet but the battery has held up well so far being on very time I've hunted and the auto off feature is nice.

I bought a VXR used and it's battery ran out pretty quick but I have no idea how much it was used before I got it. The morning it died I was out for 8 hours in near zero temps. I had hunted with it for about a week in cold temps before it died.

The new battery hasn't gotten too much use but has been in some cold weather and couldn't notice any change from when it was warm.

My buddy was worried about the same thing when he got a night vision scope but he has run his scope over night in zero temps or lower without a problem. I think electronics are reliable enough now-a-days that running a tiny light on a scope is a no brainer, at least if you are looking at quality scopes.

It all depends on use (time and weather). I've had mine for 18months and still going strong in mild temps and limited use.

I checked out the 3x9x50 vxr at the lgs, that will be the next scope I buy. It uses the 2032 battery which is used in a couple cap lights,fishing reels and some other things around the house. Can be purchased for 1.00 each.

also curious, how large is the illuminated dot (1MOA?) and does the dot intensity back off enough in various dark situations ?

For some reason I recall the fire dot being 1 moa at highest power. I can't remember where I read it though. I have the 2-7 and the illumination goes quite dim, I would say fine for low light without washout. I haven't had mine all that long, only a few months, so I can not comment on battery life...

Back