Silencers

TastierOak

So a lot of people hunt with silencers, I hope to get one soon. I was just wondering what you guys think about them and what you like about them? What brand is it and what gun do you have it on? Does it work good? How much was it?

Also I'm trying to find a silencer for my bolt action weatherby vanguard .223 so if anybody knows where I can get one please tell!

But yeah just tell me what you think about your silencer.

My partner has one on every gun he has...5.56, 300 BLK and multiple .22s. They are awesome, so much so that I am kicking myself in the azz for not getting the process started when he told me to last year. I just ordered mine from silencershop . com. I did the trust, form 4, tax stamp etc right from their website and had it all done in less than 2 hours. I am waiting on a SWR Spectre II to run on a 17 WSM and my .22s.

Quote: what you like about them?Makes shooting much more enjoyable. I run a S.A.S. on rifles from .204, .17 fireball, .17 Rem., 17/204, .223 etc. Can't imagine shooting without suppressed any more.
My only regret was that I didn't get mine many years sooner than I did.

Originally Posted By: TastierOak

But yeah just tell me what you think about your silencer.

We've been hunting exclusively with cans for about a decade now, with a plethora of pro's and very minimal cons...
Lot's and Lot's of info can be had on suppressors, regarding build components, attachment methods, length weight and benefits to both, baffle design, POI shift, first round pop, questions pertaining to if you ever should, or need to clean them...
The benefits of use in high population areas, as well as the benefits of use around livestock and domesticated animals...
Then there's the hunting aspect, regarding communication with your team/partners, making follow up shots, covering the same area with more sets in high pressure areas. etc. etc. etc.
The list goes on, and on.

Skinney, I want to get one but don't know enough about the things to look for in a can to know what is good and what isn't. I'm sure it's too much to type in here but what are the things to look for in a good can? And what are things to stay away from?

1st ques. I'd ask is what rifle do you want to suppress & what's the purpose of the rifle? Some cans are slightly quieter than others, some a good bit heavier/lighter, what's budget, etc. Lots of variables. A trust is the way to go for sure!

Get a Gemtech SandStorm 7.62, 5/8x24.... google it.
Now you can shoot any center fire caliber from 308 and smaller ,
just get an adapter for the 1/2x28 barrels to the 5/8x24.
Very light, Very Quiet.

SRT Shadow XL TI - use it on Rem 700 .308 and Rock River Predator Pursuit .223. Need to thread everything I own.
smile.gif
Love it. Only con is it's it changes the balance of my Ebrelstock pack, but if it were a big deal I'd just screw it on at every stand. Lots of pluses as noted by Skinney. I took his valuable advice when I chose mine
smile.gif

Last edited:
The best part of suppressors is you are saving your ears from permanent damage. I hunt exclusively with them and I no longer have to worry about mine or my dogs ears anymore.

I am an 07FFL/02 SOT and I sell may suppressors to predator hunters. Its hard to be silencer Co. They have a no BS lifetime warranty and their customers service is the best in the industry right now. Take a look at their newest can, its called the Omega. It can handle .223 all the way up to 300 win mag. It's pretty bad [beeep] and has a many features of all the best suppressors in one can.

Also check out Dead Air armament. They are new but they are well rooted in the suppressor industry. The founder used to be one of the top guys at silencerCo. Their Direct thread titanium can is bad [beeep] and is very affordable. Its called the sand man TI.

I can usually beat silencer shop prices with these 2 companies. If you want something let me know and I can see if I can help you out

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crittr gittrChris, are you talking about Mr. Pappas

Yes sir... he was one of the founders of Silencer Co

I have their direct thread Sandman Ti headed my way to demo. I am really looking forward to it. I was able to handle their suppressors and speak with them at Shot show this year. There stuff is pretty bad [beeep] and they too have a no BS lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
i own 2 silencers. one for my 22 calibers and the other was a .30 caliber for my blackout and my .223. they are built by a small company local that i am personally great friends with. he is incredibly meticulous and makes great products. i rarely shoot without a can on now. i opted for the titanium suppressor for my blackout since it was nearly a pound lighter than the stainless which makes a huge difference. TBS suppressors makes great stuff. if you are even thinking about a suppressor you should definitely get a trust set up and do it. you won't regret it.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrNo cons for me [img:right][/img]

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762I only have experience with 1... I can find no cons...

There is always con's fellas
wink.gif
The BS PW sucks a big fat one, so does the wait time that comes with it, I think our Gov. can (I mean "should") do better.

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Get a Gemtech SandStorm 7.62, 5/8x24.... google it.
Now you can shoot any center fire caliber from 308 and smaller ,
just get an adapter for the 1/2x28 barrels to the 5/8x24.
Very light, Very Quiet.

Gemtech makes some great cans, but if your going for a "one for all" sorta thing, you might as well get one that is magnum rated for the big boys as well, just in case you want to tame that 6.5 SAUM, 7mmRM, 300WM or 300RUM, etc.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357You need one of these.. Jesse James famous motorcycle builder has these for sale. And at a bargain price of $4000 plus! lol
https://www.jjfu.com/suppressors

LOL, I've seen that, I'd try it! But I'd also let him stick to his motorcycle fabrications.

Back