AR Trigger?

OKRattler

I was just wondering what kind of trigger I should get. I'm not a fan of the one that's in mine right now. The pull on it is too long. What kind of trigger would yall suggest?

It all depends in what you like. I for intense are not found of double action trigger. I have JP in couple of my AR and I like it very much. A big improvement over a factory trigger.

Thanks guys. I was leaning towards a Timney trigger but there are several triggers to choose from so I figured I'd get some different suggestions. I don't really think I'd like a two stage trigger.I've never shot with one so if I got one it might take some getting used to. If theres any play in the trigger I just can't shoot as well as I'm capable of shooting. That's the problem I'm having with my rifle. A good trigger is important.

I have two AR's with Geissele triggers, one is the SSA-E and one is the SD-3G. I also have an AR with the Timney 3lb skeleton trigger. May favorite is the Geissele SD-3G but nothing wrong with the Timney. It's really going to come down to preference as long as you stay with any of the quality trigger companies.

Originally Posted By: AdamTI have two AR's with Geissele triggers, one is the SSA-E and one is the SD-3G. I also have an AR with the Timney 3lb skeleton trigger. May favorite is the Geissele SD-3G but nothing wrong with the Timney. It's really going to come down to preference as long as you stay with any of the quality trigger companies.

X2 / I also like JARD triggers but you will need a gunsmith.

Giessele SSA-E is a super nice trigger but so is the Giessele DMR! Which trigger will depend on your preferences & what you're planning on doing w/ the rifle (paper, hunting, 3 gun, precision long range, etc.).

Check out BTE match trigger (from PM sponsor RPG).
My BTE trigger pull feels like my buddies Timney.
Its ~3.5 lbs pull and zero creep for less money.

Good stuff guys. I'll look at all these triggers and try to decide. I'm liking the sound of that BTE match trigger Bob Atl. Good quality for less money is always a good thing.

Thanks Jeff I'll definitely consider this one. A nice crisp release is what I'm after. That factory trigger I'm runnin in my gun now ain't cuttin it for me. Way too much creep in it.

Giessele Highspeed match is what i got, its as good or better than my savage accu trigger on my bolt. I struggle if I don't have a good trigger and its been great.

The Timney's and Giessele's are the way to go, but if you want a good trigger for less than $300. Look at a RRA match trigger, about $100 and a good trigger, not the best, but good enough.

i have a timney in my built lower, and its nothing short of amazing.

they can be found on forum classifieds (not specifically here, but theyre out there) for the $150 range if you watch for them.

I'm having trouble choosing. Just like anything else you can put on an AR. There's all kinds of 'em. Just about the time I find one I want I see another one I might want. I'm just gonna find one....then stop looking. I've looked at so many now I gotta go back and look again.

Back