hawke scopes any good

I have a Hawke Panaroma 4x12x40 on a Contender G2. For $220 it is hard to beat. The Map6a lighted rectile is great for early morning and evenings shooting. Optic are not as clear as the higher end scopes but for the price it is very good.

They make nice scopes, very popular air rifle scopes and they are much harder on a scope than any centerfire rifle I've seen. They hold zero very well, the only thing I've ever had for a minor complaint with them is they tend to be a bit "hazy" around the outer edges of your scope. The center of the optic is very clean but the outside 1/4 looks muddy to me.

I have a Hawke 4-16 and honestly I dislike it. I bought it without seeing it on the recommendation of a member on another forum. It's blurry around the edges, the eye relief sucks and I paid a lot for it. There are much better options in that price range.

Originally Posted By: 22guyI have a Hawke 4-16 and honestly I dislike it. I bought it without seeing it on the recommendation of a member on another forum. It's blurry around the edges, the eye relief sucks and I paid a lot for it. There are much better options in that price range.

Which model do you have? I have the Sidewinder 30 4-16 and the optics are quite good.

Very good for the price from the 2 I have had but I wish got a price like this;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281605906400?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281605906400?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:
I have a Hawke Varmint in a 17 hmr and its got the worst eye relief of any optic Ive ever owned. I also paid alot for it...Id avoid them.

Cheers!!

Originally Posted By: bruce_ventura Originally Posted By: 22guyI have a Hawke 4-16 and honestly I dislike it. I bought it without seeing it on the recommendation of a member on another forum. It's blurry around the edges, the eye relief sucks and I paid a lot for it. There are much better options in that price range.

Which model do you have? I have the Sidewinder 30 4-16 and the optics are quite good.

Hawks varmint, same as saskcoyote78. Sounds like he agrees with me. Oh well, live and learn. Definitely the last time I buy a scope sight unseen.

Back