R25 243?

jbrodie7

Local gunship has a Remington R25 243. Does anyone have any experience or reviews on this rifle? I did a search on here with no luck. Any input would be great.

Have had one for a few years and it shoots 70gr nbt very well. They are heavier than the standard ar15 but I really don't mind. The first thing that I did was replace the factory trigger with an rra nm2 stage trigger and the grip with an aftermarket. The only downfall is that it is heavy. But I already told you that.

Weight doesnt bother me at all and trigger and grip would be 2hr first things I would change too. Thanks for the info!

If you reload I have had the best groups with IMR4831 and the 70gr nbt. But I also had some good groups with imr4064. Have not tried any thing above 75gr. And the 60gr and less just did spend much time with them.

+ 1 on changing the trigger and grip. Put a Chip McCormick in mine and it helped accuracy a lot. Haven't shot it a lot and haven't hand loaded for it yet. But it shoots Federal 85 gr. HPBT factory stuff inside an inch. But like mentioned above, it is much heavier than an average AR-15...

Looking back I wish I would have got one!

I went with a 24" dpms 308. Then traded for an 18" upper. Then got a custom 20" 243. A TON of time and a good chunck of $ later I still don't think my setup is on par with the R-25s I've seen.

I'd buy it and not look back!

CIMG1298.jpg

p124.jpg

I love mine.
Pros- it will shoot, I have some three shot groups that look like little clover leafs and haven't done any load research with it. This load is just one I had loaded for another 243. I have a few different loads ready to load up for it but haven't got around to it yet. One guy give me a load to try that he said his would shoot .90 group at 200yds.
Cons- mine weighs12.5 pounds loaded up ready to hunt. It took me a little while to get use to the diameter of float tube of it cause I was use to my 223 white oak upper on my other AR. And the for mentioned trigger and grip which both were changed out quickly.

I've been keeping my eyes open for an R-25 in .243

I am surprised they hold their value so well. I have not been able to find even a used one for under $1000-$1200 bare gun price.

My pal has one & its very accurate w/his hand loads, averages .550-.750" @ 100 yds
Not issues to 700 yards at the range.
Popped a coyote yesterday at 350 yards when it hung up.
Heavy yes, accurate yes, loud yes.

Originally Posted By: 5spdMy pal has one & its very accurate w/his hand loads, averages .550-.750" @ 100 yds
Not issues to 700 yards at the range.
Popped a coyote yesterday at 350 yards when it hung up.
Heavy yes, accurate yes, loud yes.

Can't give all the credit to the gun @ 700 yards.

That's some [beeep] fine shooting right there!

I do not have one in .243, but my R-25 .308 is spectacular. The 10" twist loves 175's. It is sub moa and hasn't choked in the years I have had it.
Great rifle!!!

Back