East Tn Hunters

tnshootist

Hey E TN hunters. I figured the last few days with the bit of snow and cold would be productive times. I have not got one single bite since this weather came in. What about you?

North of the boarder and no luck on the few stands I've been able to make. However, my step dad killed two in the field that joins their yard Monday afternoon during the snow. They were passing through coming from a pasture with cattle headed to a wooded area.

Hope more add their experience the last few days and in the coming days. Would be interesting to see if things change about the same time for everyone in this area.

I had a pair hit on a howl night before the weather hit they hung up on me but after that i aint heard or seen a thing since

Hunted several times over the last week. From brutally cold temps to snow and ice and haven't scored yet. I did manage to call 4 coons yesterday.

Called two sets today. Nothing. Then as we were walking out we hear several crank up on a ridge about five plus miles away as the crow flies.

Im on the southern side around sevier county. No luck for the past couple weeks. Wonder if this moon cycle is messing them up? Also is there a hunting club to get with?

Before the bad weather came we were having pretty good luck. Since then I can't figure what has happened. Just can't seem to find them. Not getting any howls or hearing any at night. I am not just talking about one farm but over a large area of good territory. I think they may have gone to FL.

I went this evening about 7 and stayed til dark, didn't hear a peep out of them. When the snow was on the ground, you couldn't walk for the tracks. Heard them Saturday behind the house but that's been the last time. Got me some new calls ordered so I'm hoping that they arrive by the weekend and I will hit it again.

Went yesterday evening. The rain moved out and I figured it may be a good time to make a stand or two. Nothing! I'm in the same boat, after that bad weather hit, I've had zero luck. I have several hunting areas across East Tn. and have hit em all recently...not even seeing much sign where I was seeing tracks and scat so thick you couldnt walk.

I got a call and was told they were howling last night in one of my hunting places. Maybe their back. Have stuff to do today so I may not get to go. Wish I had been there at daylight this morning. I am thinking they must have big territories here and it takes two or three weeks for them to make their rounds. My son in law lived in Nevada for a few years after he got out of the Navy and hunted several times a week there. He says hunting here is much harder.

Back