New Stainless Heavy Barrel B.MAG in .17WSM

For all of the hate, someone keeps buying up all of MY ammo. I wish people would listen to all of this 17 WSM hate, and leave my ammo supply alone! Yup, the BMag rifles suck, and they shoot shotgun patterns for groups...And whatever you do, don't buy one.
grin.gif

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: SqueezeFor all of the hate, someone keeps buying up all of MY ammo. I wish people would listen to all of this 17 WSM hate, and leave my ammo supply alone! Yup, the BMag rifles suck, and they shoot shotgun patterns for groups...And whatever you do, don't buy one.
grin.gif

Squeeze

Sorry, I didn't listen to your advice. Got the stock and the gun both today, along with a few boxes of ammo.............

2015-02-19181052_zps950bdfce.jpg

I'll know how it shoots by tomorrow evening.
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
My buddy just got one of these. I tried talking him into a ruger 204 but he was dead set on the worlds fastest rimfire. Done okay so far keeping the coyotes out of the hefers but we will see. The mag gives me the most concern, but I dont think anyone will ever touch ruger's rotary mag. Ammo has been easy to find if your willing to pay the price for it.

Originally Posted By: Rugerhoyt Ammo has been easy to find if your willing to pay the price for it.

I paid $17 per box of 50 at one store and $22 per box at another. On line @ rareammo.com I paid $16 per box for 5 boxes plus $16 shipping so I guess I'm running about $19 per box avg so I'm not going to complain too much.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTROriginally Posted By: SqueezeFor all of the hate, someone keeps buying up all of MY ammo. I wish people would listen to all of this 17 WSM hate, and leave my ammo supply alone! Yup, the BMag rifles suck, and they shoot shotgun patterns for groups...And whatever you do, don't buy one.
grin.gif

Squeeze

Sorry, I didn't listen to your advice. Got the stock and the gun both today, along with a few boxes of ammo.............

2015-02-19181052_zps950bdfce.jpg

I'll know how it shoots by tomorrow evening.
thumbup1.gif

I think we have the same stock. Mine is the vented varminter. Hard to tell from the picture if yours is.

How does the clearance look in the barrel channel? Mine shades just a touch left, so given the close fit, I might do some sanding to get a bit more clearance. But other than that, I really like the stock.

Squeeze

Mine isn't the vented model but I have clearance all the way down the barrel. I'll probably do a bedding job on it but I want to see how it's shooting as is first.

If I can't get it to shoot 1" or less I doubt I'll keep it. But I had to try one out. You know how it is.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I decided I couldn't wait to shoot this rifle so I pulled the Nikon Prostaff 4-12X40 off of my Savage Axis and put it on the rifle and even though it's very cold and very windy, I just HAD to go shoot this thing and get it somewhat sighted in at least. Here it is with the scope on it. It's a better pic than the first one I took.

2015-02-20101736_zpse5b3bbeb.jpg

I just got back from shooting it and WOW it was brutal out there! Here's the current weather conditions........24 degrees with a S/SW wind of 20 mph with gusts to 25, feels like 11 degrees.
scared.gif

I got it sighted in @ 25, then 50 then took it out to 100 yards and like I said, it was brutal shooting conditions. The wind was between quartering and crosswind and I was NOT getting a good steady hold on the bullseye at all due to the wind and me freezing my butt off so I didn't have very good expectations on the target at all, but here's what 7 shots @ 100 yards ended up looking like for it. It measured out to be just under a 1-1/2" 7 shot group. But with the conditions I had, I'll take it! I'm sure I can shoot less than 1" groups w/o any trouble at all with better shooting conditions.
thumbup1.gif

2015-02-20121337_zps94ec9a08.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the best shooting BMag I've seen in a while.

I live in Spec Regs area (shotgun and rimfire only) and it's fox country here so I was really stoked about the BMag but, lost interest once I saw all the problems.

Are you shooting Win ammo ?? I see AE and Hornady coming out now, wondering if ammo could have been playing a part in some of the problems.

Originally Posted By: ShovelheadaveProbably the best shooting BMag I've seen in a while.

I live in Spec Regs area (shotgun and rimfire only) and it's fox country here so I was really stoked about the BMag but, lost interest once I saw all the problems.

Are you shooting Win ammo ?? I see AE and Hornady coming out now, wondering if ammo could have been playing a part in some of the problems.

Yes, I am shooting the Winchester 20 grain ballistic tip ammo. Also these are the newest versions of the B-Mag in a heavy barreled stainless version. I think they changed the twist rate on them too from what I understand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTR
I just got back from shooting it and WOW it was brutal out there! Here's the current weather conditions........24 degrees with a S/SW wind of 20 mph with gusts to 25, feels like 11 degrees.
scared.gif

I got it sighted in @ 25, then 50 then took it out to 100 yards and like I said, it was brutal shooting conditions. The wind was between quartering and crosswind and I was NOT getting a good steady hold on the bullseye at all due to the wind and me freezing my butt off so I didn't have very good expectations on the target at all, but here's what 7 shots @ 100 yards ended up looking like for it. It measured out to be just under a 1-1/2" 7 shot group. But with the conditions I had, I'll take it! I'm sure I can shoot less than 1" groups w/o any trouble at all with better shooting conditions.
thumbup1.gif

2015-02-20121337_zps94ec9a08.jpg

Not bad group for conditions. I learned the 17s don't do well in the wind, in WY, on the Pdog fields. If I was shooting into or with the wind, it was easy to hit Pdogs out to about 150. Quartering, or crossing, winds, and forget it. That was a waste of ammo. I would switch to my 6mm WOA, or the 22-250, and Pdogs died. But, yes that rifle should go MOA, or better, with that ammo, in better conditions. You may get the occasional flier, but that is probably on the ammo.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: SqueezeFor all of the hate, someone keeps buying up all of MY ammo. I wish people would listen to all of this 17 WSM hate, and leave my ammo supply alone! Yup, the BMag rifles suck, and they shoot shotgun patterns for groups...And whatever you do, don't buy one.
grin.gif

Squeeze

sorry i bought up all you wsm ammo squeeze. good news is i no longer will be needing it. i am done with shotgun pattern bmags. $19 a box plus shipping. how many boxes you want? all of it?

Yep. $16/box is about right. The gougers want more but I'm not paying it. I can find plenty online for $16-$17/box. Just gotta be patient and keep looking. I had no troubles finding some at that price.

Last edited:
Lol, I can find 17 wsm on the shelves all day and night, and I'd like one! Anyone look at the Volquartzen 17 wsm? oooohhhhhhhhooooohhhhhoooohhhhhhhhh.......yyyyyeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: FullMoonYoteSkin Anyone look at the Volquartzen 17 wsm?

My buddy just ordered one. Paid close to $2K for it.
scared.gif

That thing better shoot one hole 3 shot groups for that much $$$$.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: SqueezeFor all of the hate, someone keeps buying up all of MY ammo. I wish people would listen to all of this 17 WSM hate, and leave my ammo supply alone! Yup, the BMag rifles suck, and they shoot shotgun patterns for groups...And whatever you do, don't buy one.
grin.gif

Squeeze

sorry i bought up all you wsm ammo squeeze. good news is i no longer will be needing it. i am done with shotgun pattern bmags. $19 a box plus shipping. how many boxes you want? all of it?

I have been finding it for $12.99 to $16.99 a box, but I haven't paid more than $15.99 a box yet. So I will pass on the $19 shipped. Besides, I am thinking the ATK stuff looks like I will have choices.

Squeeze

Back