Ruger 77/17 17 Hornet?

Wow, that's not what I was wanting to hear about the ruger. I just got mine in the other day and got it scoped up. I'll be pretty upset if it shoots like that. I also just bought 250 rounds of ammo for it to plunk with.. What kind of scope did you have on your ruger? The only thing so far I don't like about my ruger is the loading of the rotary magazine and the metal finish, but like I said, I haven't had the chance to shoot mine yet... Now you have me worried blackhawk..

Originally Posted By: dan158Had the ruger 17 hornet.. Would not shoot under 2 inches at 100...
Sent it back to ruger and they found nothing wrong with specs...
Told me it was the ammo... Tried different lot number ammo and still the same..

wow. that sounds just like the one i had. except mine would shoot about 2 1/2 inches at 100. didn't bother sending it back to ruger. but did send it down the road. i really tried to like the rifle. just couldn't. hope you get a decent shooter icu22-250.

Well, hopefully somebody will chime in with some good things to say about the ruger.. Already starting off with doubt and haven't fired a single round yet..

Mine shoots lights out. Factory ammo is okay, but reloads really make the rifle shine. Just one quick note, make sure the barrel is floated clear to the action. I had to dress the stock up just a bit. 150 grit sandpaper and a dowel then reseal, you will have a fine rifle.

Thanks stick man, certainly makes me feel a little bit better. Weather has been sucky for shooting, hope to try it out soon. What powder bullet combo are you using stick man that works so well for you?

The first group I ever shot out of my ruger at 100 yards measured .1" MOA and as long as I do my part every group I have ever shot has been well under .5 MOA with a 3-9x40 VXII. My buddies is the same exact setup as mine with factory ammo and his does the same. Hope that makes you feel better
smile.gif

Thanks fellas, thats reassuring.. I know every rifle is different, just makes feel a little better when others have had good experiences..

Back