The United States is to blame for Mexico’s escalating violence – or so says former President Bill Clinton.

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:

Say What? Bill Clinton Apologizes To Mexico On Behalf Of The U.S. For Escalating Violence

By Katie LaPotin (19 hours ago) | Politics, World

The United States is to blame for Mexico’s escalating violence – or so says former President Bill Clinton.

The nation’s 42nd president apologized to the Latin American country during a speech to a roomful of Mexican students recently, asserting that the U.S.’s War on Drugs had backfired and was the reason why crime and violence had increased exponentially in recent years south of the border.

“I wish you had no narco-trafficking, but it’s not really your fault. Basically, we did too good of a job of taking the transportation out of the air and water, and so we ran it over land. I apologize for that,” Clinton said, according to The Daily Mail.

His words were later confirmed by The Clinton Foundation.

In his speech, Clinton was referring to the drug enforcement policies originally set forth by Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, which made Mexico – and not the Caribbean Sea – the preferred trafficking route between the United States and Latin America.

The former Arkansas Governor later opened the border between the two North American nations to further the land-based trafficking, and increased its enforcement efforts of the Columbian cartels – which only gave more power to the Mexican drug gangs responsible for the increase in the violence.

Ethan Nadelmann, director of the Drug Policy Alliance, which advocates for U.S. drug law reform, is pleased that Clinton “has been doing a lot of apologizing in recent years.”

“Of course one wishes he’d done the right thing when he was president and had the power to do so, but it’s always better for an ex-president to apologize for his sins than to pretend he never sinned at all,” Nadelmann told Fusion.

Nadelmann hopes that the former president’s words will resonate as well with his wife – particularly if she runs again for the White House in 2016.

“Let’s just hope that Hillary Clinton will be far more supportive of major drug policy reform than she’s been in the past,” Nadelmann added.

At least 60,000 to 100,000 people are believed to have been murdered in Mexico over the past few years as a result of drug-related violence. Last year, the American Embassy in Mexico issued a warning to citizens living in the country to avoid the Pacific resort town of Acapulco because of the violence and protests related to the disappearance of 43 students killed by state law officials.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/251790-say-bill-clinton-apologizes-mexico-behalf-u-s-escalating-violence/?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9&listID=%7BlistID%7D

Regards,
hm

Quote:“Let’s just hope that Hillary Clinton will be far more supportive of major drug policy reform than she’s been in the past,” Nadelmann added.

I was thinking more along the lines of, "Let's just hope that Hillary uglies away in poverty and we don't have to deal with her [beeep], as we have in the past!"

Why is it that we can stop the drug trafficking in the caribean, and we can shut down the the drugs coming from Columbia, but we can't shut down the drugs or the illegal aliens coming from Mexico????

Originally Posted By: kymailman98I just wish that alien space ship that dropped them off would come back and pick them up.

me too!!

Originally Posted By: BigSkyDogClinton always was and still is an idiot!

I'm the most powerful man in the country and managed to find an unattractive woman too dumb to swallow and too gross to wash her clothes.

I can't help but believe there is political corruption on both sided of the border... A little bit of supplement income...

If we chocked off all the supply lines to where there was no money to be made the killings would regress...

We will apologize but not take necessary steps to slow it...

Corruption for sure. Any time that much money is involved the weak of heart are drawn like moths to a flame. I often wonder just how deep it goes.

Last edited:
Coming from a guy who lied on the stand and thinks oral sex is not sex I guess I could see how this clown talks. Why would anyone listen??

Back