DIY Automatic Case Annealer for under $100- Pics and Plans

Livn68

With my new wildcat endeavors, being able to anneal cases is a must so I did some research and came across some plans from an Australian shooting forum, so I decided to put one together. I'm just waiting on some tempilaq to get the time right for the various calibers I will use this for, but several dry runs of different cases show that its going to work out very well!

All of the materials together came in at a very reasonable $76.49!

Here's one of the dry runs I made, showing how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzM7ArN9fOs&feature=share

And for all of my friends here at PM Forums, Here's the plans and parts list:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bb_cm10J8urCM2PtKql8VyHtGlovTeI3RnAj7xa0eX0/edit

ETA: Wiring info and other pics

Inside view of the Annealer:

Close ups of the back plate for the speed controllers and power supply:

Wiring is pretty simple. Connect + to + and - to - between the motors and the controls as well as the controls to the power supply.

Here's a close up of the main drum coupler (don't mind the excessive washers, they hardware store was out of the spacers I needed):

Torch holder and Case Stop:

And here's a video of it in action doing a batch of 277 Wolverine brass!

I might have to seriously consider trying to build one of these.
thumbup1.gif

Man great job and nice build. That's the next thing I am adding to the reloading room. And also thanks for all the info.

Jason

Originally Posted By: NorTex250Are you ready to start taking orders for them?
I am considering putting a couple of extra units together for those that don't want to or are unable to build them.

Originally Posted By: Livn68Originally Posted By: NorTex250Are you ready to start taking orders for them?
I am considering putting a couple of extra units together for those that don't want to or are unable to build them.

I would just want a torch holder and the shell grabber deal. I could get the rest of it figured out.

Just finished ordering the parts from China, & delrin from a CDN model airplane website.

Just need to go to the dollar store for the cake pan and the hardware store for the hardware!!

I've been planning on building an annealer the last couple of months, but had no idea on where to start...this is just what I needed!!

Back