Crow Hunting

A lot depends on hunting pressure the birds have been under and whether you are hunting a migration flyway where new crows are likely to come by or hunting the same resident crows each time.

Wow. Sounds like killing a crow on the east coast is like getting a trophy. I've been killing them for 30 yrs and never had to put that much thought into it.

LOL...didn't mean to make it sound that hard...but, think about it, when's the last time you saw one of those fancy, schmancy professional TV hunters bag a crow!
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: TwistrateWow. Sounds like killing a crow on the east coast is like getting a trophy. I've been killing them for 30 yrs and never had to put that much thought into it.

You ever have a 100 bird shoot in a morning,by yourself? Thats what me and Bas are talking about,decoying and calling strings of birds for a sustained shoot..Anyone can run and gun a few crows,not that there is anything wrong with that,both are great ways to shoot crows...
The orginial poster of this thread was asking about Bob Ahronson,and Bobs main way of shooting crows is on flyways using decoys and blinds..So we assumed that was the type of crow hunting Jerry was doing.

Your dead on, Twistrate about the crow sounds for coyotes,nothing better to add for sounds to your set up than some crow sounds,to make Mr.Yote think he is going to stael an easy meal from the crows he is hearing..
I also find the WT crow sounds great, I run two MA-21's with one remote

Last edited:
0ec8c3aa0b34b7b7220278f2b30ff5c7.jpg

Ive knocked a few off myself and they are very hard to get in shooting range here in ky. They pay close attention to there surroundings and always have a lookout bird watching over the ones trying to forage below. I wish the season on them was year round

up by us - one of the neighbor's must actively shoot them because if they make you with anything that even remotely look like a gun in your hand, off they go.

i've found that a decoy or three with something on the ground (like the decoy's are inspecting it - even a small metal disc or old dixie cup) seems to work well.

we ambush them by hiding in the trees and call them into small clearings and shotgun them that way, or sometimes i'll do a similar setup out on a hayfield with a peice of burlap or brown tarp that kinda looks like a peice of dead critter and when they come down snipe them @ 150+ yds from one of the deer blinds as soon as they touch down with my ar.

and occassionally i get lucky when i'm doing something else and one will just happen to land withing shooting range.
thumbup1.gif

Back