Foxpro crossfire vs refurbished Fury 2 and Praire Blaster 2 refurbished

waknstackmn

Hello I am new to this forum I have been looking to purchase a Fox pro I have owned other callers in the past but have no experience with the FoxPro's the one's I am considering are The Fury 2 Refurbished $299.99 (1 year warranty) the Prairie Blaster 2 Refurbished $424.99 (1 year warranty) also slightly considering the Fusion 499.99 vs. the Crossfire $399.99. I'm looking to know what your experiences are with these callers and which one would you pick or wouldn't if it was you and why? I live and hunt in Central Minnesota and the Dakota's we have a variety of wide open field and thick wood's and swamps the louder the better. Another question in all in all what's the difference between Remote TX-505 and TX-500 Pro's and unnecessary needs of both. Thank you.

If you have any vision problem with reading I recommend you get a caller with the TX-1000 remote. In your case that would be the FusioN. If you have young 20 20 eyes any one of those callers will work for you but IMO a refurbished FurY would do the trick.

I wear contacts so the seeing isn't an issue than again I don't want to be squinting hard to see the screen if that's an issue. The only thing about the refurbished that I don't think I like is a 1 year warranty. Ya would think that a refurbished model would still have a longer warranty available like the rest.

If you buy a refurbished unit, any problem it might have would surely show up within a year. If FoxPro put a longer warranty on a refurbished unit, it couldn't be any longer than the time left on the original unit, in order to be fair to the purchasers of new units. In any event, you can bet that FoxPro will take care of its customers.

I've heard they have some of the best customer service out their. I've seen you post a lot of info on the unit's which one would be your recommendation? Another thing I was wondering about is some of these units come with preloaded sounds and that you can get more from foxpro's web site but do you have to pay for the one's on foxpro's site or are some free and some must be purchased?

Last edited:
A new Fury 2 is only $100 more than the refurb, might be worth it for an extra 4 years warranty. Prolly would be to me, if I were buying.

I'm 53, have strong astigmatism & wear graduated bifocals. Iron sights on a rifle suck for me, but I have no problems reading the display on the remote on my Fury.

Originally Posted By: waknstackmnI've heard they have some of the best customer service out their. I've seen you post a lot of info on the unit's which one would be your recommendation? Another thing I was wondering about is some of these units come with preloaded sounds and that you can get more from foxpro's web site but do you have to pay for the one's on foxpro's site or are some free and some must be purchased?

If you buy direct from FoxPro, you can choose your sounds, so that would get away from preloaded sounds. I like the Fusion and an external SP60 speaker for my use, but the Shockwave and CS-24C models are excellent too. One advantage to the Fusion, Fury II, Shockwave, and Prairie Blaster is they can be run without the remote.

I bought one of the refurbed fury 2s from cabelas last week. I got it on Friday and used it today. I am very happy with it. I could actually see the fury 2 remote (tx500) better than my cousins shock wave remote (tx1000). Seems like during day light with my photogray glasses I had a hard time seeing the yellow letters on the black background on the tx1000 remote. Seems like it is easier for me to see the red background with black letters of the tx500 of my fury. May just be my photogray glasses though.

If you can see the lettering on a TX500 better than the TX1000, you surely have your background on the TX1000 set wrong. It is covered thoroughly in the manual.

Oh! Ok that explains that. It was a borrowed shockwave and he must have had it set on yellow lettering with a black background which was hard for me to see in the sun.

Yes, that was the situation, no doubt. In addition to having different settings for night and day, you can change the intensity of the display to suit your eyes and to save battery life.

I decided to go with the fusion I picked it up today from cabelas. The only thing I see that I don't like so far is that it didn't come with a connector cable to connect it to my computer to download more sounds the other thing I noticed is it doesn't come with the full operations manual. But I can't wait to get out tomorrow morning and give it a run! Are their any suggestions for which battery pack to go with this unit a lot of the hunting is done in very cold weather? I'm currently have lithium in it but would like a rechargeable pack not individual batteries unless that's the better route. Also I was looking at decoys for the unit I liked the look of the Black Jack but upon reading about it that doesn't come with a connector either to connect it to the caller. Where do i

USB printer cable, the other connector is sort ofr square. Look under the battery holder to find it.

I use Foxpro rechargeables in mine.

the cable used by the Fury:

a-to-b-printer-cable-ends_3_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2_1_2_1_1_11_11.jpg

So I turn on my fusion and I notice that the green light on the side turns on fast and than shuts off is this suppose to happen or does it only stay on at night?

If the green light starts flashing, it is an indication of low batteries. Coming on when you fir power up is normal. It will also do that if you plug in a charger to the charging port.

Back