Anyone shooting Big Gun V maxes on coyotes?

ackleyman

270-110g V max

7mm-120g V max

30 cal- 110g V max

Should make for some very humane killing bullets

I worked up a load for the 110g in my 270, 58g of Win760 was shooting less than 1/2" three shot groups at 3375 fps, Same load I Shoot the 110g Tipped triple shocks with, same point of impact.

A good friend of mine shoots a retired 30 brbench rifle a lot with the 110, as you can imagine it's quite effective but a little um.... Untidy. Humane kills for sure.

Spent a couple of seasons calling with my Savage 111 270 pushing the 110 Vmax with 48 gr of H4895. As one of my hunting buddies described it, it is pure "helldeath". I still use it as a back up, when the South Dakota wind is blowing 40 plus and it's snowing and it's contest day sometimes you just feel like you need to carry a big gun!

Please be advised that the above load is above published max loads. I worked safely to this load and it is your responsibility to do the same.

I have shot several with the 110 gr. v-max in the 270. Usually results in a nasty exit wound and makes the guy I give my coyotes to give me a hard time for not using something smaller but thats ok.lol. The last couple years i have been using 223 55gr v-max so he has been happy.

While I have not shot any of the .25 cal varmint bullets, my experience with .26, .27 and .30 caliber varminters keeps me shooting .24's and below. Fur friendly doesn't really enter the picture. Kills are dramatic and immediate and messy. Perhaps if a guy loaded them down to sub-3000 fps levels things would work out differently? I have other rifles, so I haven't experimented in that direction.

Back