700 ADL aftermarket stocks...

JLJ223

I just bought a 700 ADL in 223 earlier this afternoon, I have heard many guys say the stocks that come with them are fairly worthless and that accuracy can be greatly improved with a better stock, I was wondering if any of you guys have put another stock on your ADLs and what the results were?? any suggestions or links to stocks that maybe I should consider would be of great help, I briefly looked at Midways site and they have a few, don't know if that's the best place to look or if I should check out another vendor? Thanks again.

Looking for wood or composite?

If wood/laminate (especially if you plan on bedding/pillar
bedding) Boyd's has the best for the money. You can get a
laminate for a little over $100 shipped.

Here is my Walmart Remmy 700 in a Boyd's Heritage Classic. It makes me happy. Just be prepared to be patient if you order one, seems Boyd's has been a bit slow lately.

2-16-15229_zps5fa9e874.jpg

I would like to stick with a synthetic stock, I have looked at a couple of the H&S stocks, I am not totally opposed to spending that much...my question is will I get the bang for my buck? I mean I have something better than $400 in the rifle as it sits, will I benefit that much from a H&S stock or will I be just as well served with a stock a step down.

I went to Midways site and checked out a few of the BC stocks, what has me a bit confused is they have a stock I was looking at that says Mountain rifle/ADL?? don't the Mountains have a regular BDL still magazine?

I have a Remington Mountain Rifle that came factory in a B&C, and a 22-250 Mdl. 700 that I put in a B&C. I like them just fine, and they are lighter than the laminates, but the laminates are stiffer. It doesn't take a huge amount of pressure to squeeze the forearm on a B&C enough to touch the barrel, but its a lot more than a factory plastic stock. I can't make my Boyd's touch with the strength in my hand.

Originally Posted By: JLJ223I went to Midways site and checked out a few of the BC stocks, what has me a bit confused is they have a stock I was looking at that says Mountain rifle/ADL?? don't the Mountains have a regular BDL still magazine?

The Mtn has the ADL bottom metal. You can also easily convert to BDL at the time of the swap if you wanted...I prefer the BDL.

I bought a Model 700 ADL Black Friday special at Walmart, and had every intention of restocking it and converting it into a BDL......until I shot it. I could not believe how well it shot with that cheap stock. So, I'm leaving it as is for now, although I'll probably restock it at some point in time. I wanted a 243 that I could use for a truck/tractor/UTV rifle, and really don't care for anything nice, so the ADL stock will work.

I considered a 243 today but was finally able to locate a 223(been looking for one for a while) 243 is probably on the horizon.

My cheap factory stock that I free floated and bedded shot really good. I thought that if I upgraded to the B&C Ti stock it would have to be better. I received the stock and the action holes were so far off that the screws would not mate up to the receiver. I already opened up the barrel channel so the warranty was voided so I drilled the action holes bigger and while that helped the escutcheon was crooked and off set to the rear so it still wouldn't mate up. A friend drilled the front block out, not pillar but aluminum block that was crooked and drilled out the rear pillar that was crooked and installed new pillars and devconed them in. I sent in my warranty card to B&C with all the problems and they called me and said that since the channel was opened the warranty was voided. No big deal but I did tell them that had nothing to do with the action portion being a POS. They agreed and said it sounds like I had it fixed and thanks for the business. Several others on the 24hrcampfire have had same luck I did with the B&C stocks. I have 2 medalists that are good stocks but this one sealed the deal for me.

I would float/bed the original stock and if I wanted to restock I would go Manners or McMillian.

Below is my 204 SPS Varmint that I put a HS PSS stock on. It’s a good stock and the rifle shoots excellent, but even with cutting 4" off the barrel it still weighs 12.5 lbs. For that reason I don't take it coyote hunting much

I have a Model 700 LVSF, and have always really liked it, except for the factory stock. I decided to change it to my liking, so I ordered a B&C Alaskan T1 stock from Stockys, and bought some bottom metal from a poster here on PM. The barrel and action were a perfect fit and dropped right in. I spent about 30 seconds with a Dremel tool so I could get the bottom metal to fit as I wanted. Screwed it together, shot it, and it was just as good as it was before. I really like the B&C stock, as it's a better fit for me than what was on it, which by the way, is also made by B&C. I also have a B&C stock on a 700 Mountain Rifle, and it's nice as well.

Nice looking rig...Thanks for the replies guys.Originally Posted By: kldad73Below is my 204 SPS Varmint that I put a HS PSS stock on. It’s a good stock and the rifle shoots excellent, but even with cutting 4" off the barrel it still weighs 12.5 lbs. For that reason I don't take it coyote hunting much

Back