6mm Rem Brass

Be warned the lohmanarms website is very misleading, just because it says it's in stock does not mean that it is and they don't tell you if your order is backordered. Been down this road more than once.

I was wondering that, they are showing everything in stock and pricey to_Originally Posted By: FairChase93Be warned the lohmanarms website is very misleading, just because it says it's in stock does not mean that it is and they don't tell you if your order is backordered. Been down this road more than once.

It happened to me a while back and then just about a month ago I ordered some Hornady SPSX bullets and they were listed in stock. A week went by with no shipping confirmation so I called and was told that their website does not reflect current quantities and they had been put on backorder. In this day and age I understand the backorder but wish I had been aware that the product was not in stock before placing the order.

I have heard from knowledgeable sources that Winchester makes one run a year, and people are in line to buy it when it hits the docks. Not sure how they do that, but that is the rumor.

I was getting a little concerned, and then remembered a milk crate full of bags of Winchester brass I bought years ago. In there I found 2 open partial bags, and 6 sealed bags of Winchester 6mm Rem. brass...Sometimes it pays to hoard.
grin.gif

And it seems I am old enough to hide my own Easter Eggs.
lol.gif

Squeeze

Trimble
I load for the 6mm\244AI, 257AI, 7x57AI. I make all three out of the parent case which is the 7x57 Mauser, I have also made cases from standard 30-06 brass.. Technically any of the 06 family of cases would work, just happen to have 30-06 on hand.

Good luck
B.

Originally Posted By: trimble s6Anyone been able to find any? Very discouraging to have to TRY and find loaded ammo to use for brass to reload.

I may have some extra brass laying around. If I do it'll be at least on it's third loading.

Danno – I use a Redding 7x57 Mauser form\trim die to make the (parent 7x57) from 30-06.
1 – Take standard 30-06 case run it into the form die, the top of the 06 neck will stick out, cut it off with a hack saw. File the cut case while still in the die so it’s even.
2 - Remove the case from the form die, I have my die set so the 1st step leaves the case neck just a little long and finish it up with a case trimmer.
3 – You now have a 06 case that is formed to 7x57.
Couple of notes – Going from 7mm down to 6mm could cause the case to collapse.
I take mine down in steps -> Parent -> FL 257 Roberts -> FL 6mm\244 Remington
Also by necking the parent down watch the neck thickness, I outside turn mine to remove the overage.
I adjust the FL die so that I get a crush fit when chambering the newly sized case.
The easier option is find 7x57 brass and just FL resize but you may still have to take it down in steps to avoid case loss.

450 Dakota – I have not tried Lapua brass only worked with Remington.
B..

I didn't realize how fortunate I was, as I have tons of it. Back in the day, like 25 or so yrs. ago, a friend of mine who didn't reload would give me all his brass, including over a thousand pieces of 6mm brass, and only maybe 300 pieces have been loaded yet, and probably only 3 or 4 times. And considering I keep it sealed in air tight containers, and store it with those little oxygen inhibitors in with it, it will probably last me for another 25 yrs..

GS2

Back