Bobcat dog?

yotehunter57

Is there any such thing as a Bobcat dog any more?
My Dad had a walker when I was a kid that would leave a hot deer trail to follow a 2 day old cat track.
There's enough Bobcats around now to make it a lot of fun.

Shayne

yea there are still guys running cats with running walkers, not near as many as there use to be. not real easy to get one either

Some of the guys down Mississippi way use Ladner Blackmouth Curs to run bobcats. Some of them report good results too. They are bred to tree critters and I would think it wouldn't take much to get one of them doing that.

You can run deer with dogs in ark??? If so im there! If you ever watched mountain men, there is a guy that runs cugars and bobcats with walkers they are multi purpose dogs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jlkundeHows does the shorthair contribute to those cat races?

They do most everything together but the Cur does the heavy lifting with Cats.
It's nice to have another dog at the tree to help keep em up and she barks a little but I wouldn't call it baying. LOL

FWIW,,,,, my other GSP (14yo male) trees Squirrel like it was his job.

Kind of off topic but there's an old trapper across the river that has a Wirehair that runs Coon as good as most hounds.
We used her to help get my Cur started.

Those German dogs can be very versatile.

Originally Posted By: possumalGood looking curs. She looks ready for action. Thanks for sharing.

LOL! You are welcome Al, but as we all know it doesn't take much for me to go to sharing "Tucker Pics." Some will say, "You Rednecks are too Fond of your Trashy Cur Dogs."

crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: possumalThose cur pups were ready to go at that age.

If that is a question Al, the answer is no. Tim Mix & Family took those puppy pics of Tucker for me while they were still with them.

BTW: The coyote is a frozen exposure tool. I believe that the awesome job that Dasher and TMix did conditioning/Exposing these litters is one of the factors that made them the dogs they became later in life.

This thread won't be complete until Devin chimes in. Devin, got any pics of those good spotted up Bobcat dogs of yours for us to drool over?

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKOriginally Posted By: possumalThose cur pups were ready to go at that age.

If that is a question Al, the answer is no. Tim Mix & Family took those puppy pics of Tucker for me while they were still with them.

BTW: The coyote is a frozen exposure tool. I believe that the awesome job that Dasher and TMix did conditioning/Exposing these litters is one of the factors that made them the dogs they became later in life.

No question, Craig. They just looked ready to go at that young age. Beautiful pups.

Back