Primos Alpha Dogg vs Foxpro

FishnHunt9

I currently have an older alpha dogg that needs an update and have had a time with primos customer service. Update ruins new calls so it was taken down off of primos website. This got me thinking of buying a foxpro in comparison how does alpha dogg compare with foxpro hellfire, crossfire, fusion or shockwave?

The Alpha Dogg does have some good features on it, but I bought a Fusion about 2 months ago and it blows the Alpha Dogg out of the water. I've never had any issues out of my Alpha Dogg, but I really love the sounds that come from my Fusion.

I have both. For the $$ the Alpha Dog cannot be beat. Recently, it was available for $149.00! Easy to read color remote, sounds in categories, a built in stand, loud (with good batteries, like ALL e-callers). The Fusion has the excellent to see TX-1000 remote, and lot more features (some of which you may not need or ever use, but you can "grow" into it). It is also almost four times the price, so it not really a fair comparison. For the $$, the Alpha Dog cannot be beat. If $$ is not an issue and you want all the latest features to fool around with or may like to use in the future, get the Fusion. I also got the SP-55 speaker to go with it. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cmatera I have both. For the $$ the Alpha Dog cannot be beat. Recently, it was available for $149.00! Easy to read color remote, sounds in categories, a built in sound, loud (with good batteries, like ALL e-callers). The Fusion has the excellent to see TX-1000 remote, and lot more features (some of which you may not need or ever use, but you can "grow" into it). It is also almost four times the price, so it not really a fair comparison. For the $$, the Alpha Dog cannot be beat. If $$ is not an issue and you want all the latest features to fool around with or may like to use in the future, get the Fusion. I also got the SP-55 speaker to go with it. Either way, you can't go wrong.

cmatera gave some good advice. The Alpha Dogg is a great caller for the money. I used to own one and upgraded to a Shockwave because I wanted to try out some of the features it has. In my opinion, the Alpha Dogg has much more to offer than the Hellfire or Crossfire. I have never been around the Fusion, but from a price point it really isn't a fair comparison. You definitely get much more for your money with the Alpha Dogg than any other caller in that price range. The Alpha Dogg even competes pretty well with some of the more expensive callers out there. I would have no trouble hunting over an Alpha Dogg again.

Alpha dog is a good caller for the money. A new f0xpr0 will cost a little more but you will own a higher quality caller coupled with great customer service if you should ever need it.

IMO since you already have a coyote hunting habit you should invest the extra money and go f0xpr0.

Last edited:
I don't see the comparison between the Alpha Dog and the FoxPro Crossfire. The Crossfire uses FHSS technology, has 10 true presets, and much better sounds.

Thanks for the replies, I like my alpha dogg but after two conversations with there "outstanding" customer service and being told both times someone from our IT department will be emailing you the update I've gotten a little frustrated and from what I hear customer service is outstanding from foxpro so to me it's almost worth it to make the switch and have peace of mind going forward.

I have both, the alpha dogg and now the shockwave. I have had the alpha dogg for a couple years and for the money it has been very good. I haven't had the shockwave out yet but have been using it some at home.

I got a great deal on the shockwave at dicks sporting goods. They had it marked down on clearance to 449. I had a 20 percent off coupon so I ended up getting it for 380 after tax. I didn't go in to buy a call but I couldn't pass that deal up. Might want to check at Dick's, mine is the only one they had so not sure if they marked all of them down or if they are the same price at other stores. Definitely work checking out though.

The sounds do sound clearer on the shockwave but haven't had the volume up all the way. The coyotes that I have called in with the alpha dogg haven't seemed to mind the sound quality but I think I am really going to like the shockwave.

Foxpro all the way their customer service is 100 times better than Primos. I had trouble with my Turbo Dogg and Primos was very unhelpful and rude.I bought a Foxpro Firestorm then a Shockwave. Awesome customer service heck they even call me and check on my equipment from time to time.

Back